Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

"Hmmm... you're not as clueless as I thought you'd be. Somehow you know where you are and that I'm here. You're one interesting girl" he said. I just stay silent at what he said. I feel his presence coming closer to me. "I took you to my hideout... the sun has risen. So I have to stay indoor to avoid the sunlight" he said. That caught my attention. He has to stay indoor to stay away from the sun?

What is he?

-Building Trust-

Y/N P.O.V

"Away from the sun? Why? Do you have allergy?" I said. I hear a soft laugh from Akaza. I tilt my head, not getting why he finds it funny. "Did I say something wrong?" I asked.

"Well, you can say that. I get a pretty bad sunburn if I get expose to the sun" he said. I just hum softly at what he said, feeling slightly bad for his condition. I don't feel any ill intention from him, it's like he can be someone I can trust.

My eyes widen slightly as I realize something. "Wait... sunlight?! Does that means I've been out the whole night? Oh goodness... my parents would be worried! I have to go home" I said, panicking slightly.

"Okay, hold on... calm down" Akaza said, placing his hands on my shoulders as he push me to sit back down on the futon. "Do you even know your way around? It's still daylight so I can't take you out. How are you going to find your way home?" He said.

"You're right. But I can manage" I said. I try to stand up again, only for him to do the same. "Just let me go home, Akaza-San. My parents would be worried as this is the first time I had stayed out the whole night" I said.

"Sorry, but I can't let you go now..." he said. I frown at what he said. "Please don't take it the wrong way. I'm just trying to look out for you. If you go out now, you might come across those girls again... who's going to save you? And besides... you're bruised. Both of your parents are gonna be worried either way" he said. I let out a sigh at what he said. He's right about that one. But I can't keep them worrying and wondering where I could be.

"Just wait until the sun goes down just enough for me to go outside and I'll take you home. I promise..." he said. I know I can't fight him on that one. Guess I don't have a choice but to listen to him. "Oh, here... you must feel thirsty" he said. I lift my hand, feeling something cold being placed on my hand.

"A bamboo cup?" I said. I hear a soft hum from him. I lift it closer to my lips and start to drink the water. It feels so refreshing. I didn't even realize how thirsty I was. I let out a sigh of relief once my thirst is quenched. "Thank you for the water, Akaza-San..." I said.

"Yeah..." he said. I still feel his presence near me. Even though he's being silent. I just sit down, my head is turn slightly towards his direction. "Hm. Seems like you do aware that I'm still here" he said, making me smile.

"So you were testing me, huh?" I said, with an amused smile. I hear a nervous chuckle coming from him. "Don't worry, Akaza-San. I don't feel offended if that what you are worried" I said.

"How did you know?" He asked. I hear the shock in his voice. I feel something soft fanning my face. It didn't take long for me to realize Akaza is right in front of me. "Are you really blind?" He asked. I let out a giggle at his comment.

"I am. But I can feel nervousness coming from you. Due to my blindness. The other senses just sharpens..." I said. He hums softly at what I said. I feel the air stops, which lets me know Akaza has scooted away from me.

"Don't answer this if it bothers you..." he said. I tilt my head slightly, wondering what he wants to ask about. I just nod my head, signaling him to ask the question. "I was just wondering about your eyes. Have you been blind since birth... or?" He said. I hum softly at what he said.

"I kinda have a feeling that you'd ask about that. But no... I was not born blind. I was sick with a high fever and it somehow affected my eyes, and it took away my sight" I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that..." he said. I just smile softly at his sympathy. I don't like it when people feel sorry for me. But Akaza had saved me from mean girls. So I don't want to be rude towards him. "Is there any way to cure your eyes?" He asked.

"Yeah... surgery. But the price is so expensive. I don't want to be a burden to my parents. So I sell flowers. In hope that one day I'll have enough money to pay for my surgery. I would love to be able to see the world like any other people do" I said.

"I see..." he said. I just smile softly. I find it hard to tell the time being inside a house. "The sun is going down. We'll leave in a few minutes, okay?" Akaza said. I just nod my head at what he said.

A While Later

"Alright... the sun has gone down. As promised... I'll walk you home. Wait, do you even know how to get to where you live? Because I don't" Akaza said. I move to stand up and turn my body towards his direction.

"Just take me where I was selling my flowers" I said. He hums at what I said. I feel a hand gently grab mine. With that, the two of us make our way out of the house.

Along the way, Akaza didn't have to warn me about a rock or a root that could potentially make me trip. He was surprised about it, and once again questioned me whether I'm actually blind. In which I just laugh it out and tell him that I am.

"My house should be around here..." I said. I hear a soft hum from him. We just keep on walking and talk about anything that comes in mind. For the first time, I got a chance to feel what it's like to have a friend and it makes me so happy.

"Alright... here we are" I said. I feel his hand slipping out of mine. "Do you want to stop by for some tea?" I asked. I was met with silence. I turn my body around. "Akaza-San?" I called out. Again, I was met with silence. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I can no longer feel his presence. Seems like he had left.

"Y/N?" I hear a gasp behind me. The next thing I know is that I'm in a tight embrace by two people. "Oh, dear... where have you been? I was so worried!" He said.

"Sorry, dad... mom. I didn't mean to make you both worry. But I'm fine. Really" I said, hugging them back. I feel the sadness radiating from their bodies as they held me in their arms.

"Is that a bruise? What happened to you?" Mother said. I wince when she touches my cheek. "Do you know who did this to you?" She asked again. I just hold her hand and shakes my head.

"I only know they're a bunch of girls, mom. They seem to be unhappy with the fact that the boys they like all seem to like me..." I said. I feel a hand going to my hair. By the feeling, I know it's father's.

"Oh, dear... come on now. Let's get you inside and get those wounds treated, alright?" He said. I just nod my head. I feel their hands on my back, as they slowly guide me inside the house. The only thing on my mind is why did Akaza left so suddenly.

*to be continued*