Chapter 18

Previously on Chapter 17

I just nod my head. He turns around, asking me to get on his back. I just did as told without saying a word. He places his hands behind my knees to support my body. He stands up and shafts to walks. I just place my chin on his shoulder as I close my eyes. Akaza-San...

Why'd you leave?

-A Heavy Heart-

Y/N P.O.V

After about a month, my body is finally fit enough to walk around. But Oyakata-Sama told me to rest some more until I'm fully recovered. Rengoku however, he needs to go on a mission. He told me that the mission will be on a train.

There's been a lot of people who've gone missing from that train. Some suspected it's the work of one of the Twelve Kizuki. Which means, a Hashira is needed.

"Be careful out there, Rengoku-San..." I said, as I stand in front of the Flame Hashira. He smiles at me. He lift his hand, placing it on my hair as he ruffles it gently. "Don't you dare come back with a serious injury! You're really strong, right? Prove it to me!" I said, pointing my finger at his face. He let out a chuckle at what I said. I lower my hand and smiles sadly at him. "I'm serious, Rengoku-San. Don't you dare die on me..." I said.

"I will try my best..." he said. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. I place my head against his chest. His hand gently caressing my h/c hair. "Hey, L/N-San..." he said. I hum softly to let him know that I'm listening. "Can you call me by my name instead of my surname?" He asked.

"Of course, Kyoujuro-San..." I said, pulling away a little to look at him. He smiles happily at what I said. He just stares at me as he seems to be hesitating. "You look like you want to say something to me. Just say it..." I said.

"Nothing really gets past you, huh?" He said. I only let out a giggle at his comment. He smiles softly as his hand gently grabs mine. "There's something I've been holding in. I want to tell you now..." he said. I stay silent as I just wait for him to tell me what he wants to tell me.

He bit his lips and takes a deep breath. He takes a step closer to me. "Y/N..." he said. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what he wants to say. "What I really wanted to say is that I... I love you" he said, in a soft voice. My eyes widen at what he said. Before I get a chance to say anything. He had leaned in. His eyes fluttering close as he places a gentle kiss against my lips.

He pulls away, leaning his forehead against mine. He lift his hand to cup my cheeks tenderly in his hand. "I truly love you. I have since the day I saw you that's why all I asked of you is to let me get to know you. Now that I do know more, and learn how amazing you are. I just start to fall deeper for you, Y/N" he said. My eyes soften at what he said. He pulls away from me. "In case I don't make it back. Would you at least tell me if you feel the same?" He asked.

"Don't die and I'll tell you..." I said. He let out a chuckle at what I said. He shakes his head and stares at me with a smile.

"Are you sure I can't change your mind on that one?" He asked. I just shake my head, which makes him realize he won't be able to chance my mind. So he just nods his head. "I'll take my leave now. Take care, Y/N..." he said. I smile softly and nod my head. He places a soft kiss on my forehead. He turns around and walks away. I just watch as his figure gets smaller, until he's out of sight.

***

It's currently night time. But I can't rest well. Something is bothering me in the back of my head. I shake my head after tossing and turning. I decide to stand up. I have a bad feeling and it resolves around Kyoujuro. I've got to go where he is. I don't care if I get hurt. If I can help him, I won't care about my own safety. Enough people I care about to lose their lives.

I notice two figure battling. One is using flame, which lets me know it's Kyoujuro. He's fighting against demon and he looks noticeably exhausted. The demon tries to attack him, I quickly appear in between them to block his attack on Kyoujuro.

"Y/N! What do you think you're doing?! Why did you come?" Kyoujuro said. I turn my head to look at him. One of his eye is smashed. He looks both shocked and horrified by my sudden appearance. "It's too dangerous! That demon is an Upper Moon 3. It's not safe for you to fight him! Get out of here!" He said. I just ignore him and turn my head to look forward.

My eyes caught something dangling around his neck

My eyes caught something dangling around his neck. I let out a shaky breath as I realize who he is. His eyes soften a little when he realize who I am.

"I'm so glad to see you're able to see, at last..." he said. My lips starts to tremble as I lift my free hand, holding onto the pendant on my neck. "Have you been okay, L/N-San?" He asked, smiling softly at me.

"You know him, Y/N?" Kyoujuro said. I turn my head to look at him. He stares at me with an expression I can't read. I can't sense what he's feeling either.

"I don't just know her... we're best friends. Not only that. L/N-San and I... we share a bond between us that you won't ever compare" he said. Kyoujuro frowns at what he said. He ignores the look on his face and turn to look at me. "You really have gotten so strong, L/N-San. But I'm not going to fight you. I don't want to hurt you" he said.

"As if I'd let you do that. You won't get your hands on her even if you want to" Kyoujuro said, moving to stand in front me. Akaza stared at Kyoujuro before turning to look at me. A frown forms on his face.

"I get it... you're in love with her, aren't you?" He said. I hear the resentment in his tone. He walks closer to us. "I won't let you have her... she belongs to me!" He said. I frown at what he said. How could he say that after he just abandoned me all these time?

*to be continued*