Chapter 29

Previously on Chapter 28

Kanroji becomes flustered. I just let out a nervous laugh. I wave it off, hoping they wouldn't pry some answers from us. I certainly aren't ready to reveal the fact that I'm with an Upper Moon demon.

-A Trial-

Y/N P.O.V

"Oyakata-Sama has arrived" one of the twins said before anyone could say anything else. Everyone quickly move to kneel down in front of him. I claim my spot next to Kyoujuro as Oyakata-Sama takes a seat by the Engawa.

"I heard the news that Y/N has returned..." he said. His voice sounded soft. The sound of his voice brought a sense of warmth in me. "Unfortunately, she has returned as a demon" he said. I look down in sadness at what he said.

"Oyakata-Sama... may I say something?" Kyoujuro said, lifting his head. I turn my head slightly to look at him, wondering what he has to say. Oyakata-Sama gave him a signal to speak. "Y/N got turned into a demon because she was trying to protect me. She took a fatal hit by throwing herself in front of me. I would have died if it weren't for her. She saved my life. If she hadn't been turned into a demon... she would have died that day, Oyakata-Sama" he said.

"I see... she indeed has made such a noble sacrifice to keep her comrade alive. It's such an unfortunate fate for her to turn into a demon" he said. I just smile sadly at what he said. "I assume you're turned by the Upper Moon 3, isn't that right, Y/N?" He asked.

"Yes, Oyakata-Sama... Aka.. I mean, the Upper Moon 3 was the one who turned me into a demon" I said. I feel everyone's gaze on me when I almost mention Akaza's name. I let out a sigh, knowing even though I've tried to be subtle, they would heard me. 

"I see you and that Upper Moon are acquainted. But I'd say it's safe to say it's more than that" Kocho said. I gulp at what said. I turn my head away, trying to avoid eye-contact with her. "What's the real relationship between you and that Upper Moon?" She asked. Everyone else is just staring at me, waiting for me to answer Kocho's question. I bit my lips nervously as I try to avoid eye-contact without any of them.

"I... we... um" I stammered, keeping my gaze on the ground. Of course, I should've expected this to happen. Soon or later, they'd figure out that there's something between me and Akaza. But I didn't expect it to be THIS soon. Should I just be honest and tell them that Akaza is my boyfriend? How will they react to it?

"Oi..." another voice said. This time it's coming from the Wind Hashira. I flinch at his tone and turn my head to look at him. "Kocho asked you a question. Giving her silence is rude, you know?" He said. Funny to hear that coming from his mouth, when he always acted rudely to people. But I know I'm in no position to say something like that when I'm placed in a trial.

"The real relationship between the Upper Moon 3 and I are... well..." I stammered. I turn my head to look down to avoid making eye-contact with either of them. "We're together... Akaza and I" I said.

"Together? As in... you're seeing that demon?" Iguro spat, his voice is laced with disgust. I bit my lips and lightly nod my head, still avoiding making eye-contact with them. I hear him clicking his tongue. "Just when I thought you couldn't get any worse. You disgust me" he said, glaring hatefully at me.

"Iguro-San!!" Kanroji-Chan said. Iguro closes his eyes and turn his head away. I lower my head. What he said truly hurts my feelings. But I just stay silent, knowing I'm in no position to say a word. It didn't change the fact that I feel a certain anger because of his comment. Who does he think he is?? Judging me just because I followed my heart and be with someone I love?!

But in this situation, I can't argue with him. I'm placed in a trial and I shouldn't be causing trouble. It wouldn't end well on my end. So I just try to endure his insults. Even though my blood is boiling because he just insulted my boyfriend.

"But putting aside the fact that you're a demon and is seeing an Upper Moon, you've proven yourself to be a reliable ally" Iguro-San said. I blink my eyes in surprise at what he said. I didn't expect him to say that. After all that insults he was throwing at me. A soft smile starts to form on my face. He turn his head away from me. "Oh, don't get ahead of yourself. You're still the enemy in my eyes" he said.

"I expect no less from you, Iguro-San..." I said. I turn my head to look at Oyakata-Sama after that who have patiently been silent as we speak. "Forgive us, Oyakata-Sama..." I said, lowering my head.

"It's alright. It's just like Obanai said. Despite being a demon and in relationship with a demon. You are a very reliable ally. You have yet to hurt a human despite being a demon. Just like Nezuko. With that said... I'm willing to sanctioned your situation as well. We gave Nezuko a chance... it would only be fair if we do the same for you. But someone must be in charge to watch over your action just like Tanjiro, Giyuu and Urokodaki did" he said.

"I will, Oyakata-Sama" Kyoujuro said. I turn my head to look at him in shock. "Just like young Kamado, Tomioka and Urokodaki-San. I'll commit Sepukku if Y/N ever do any harm to a human" he said. My eyes widen at what he said.

"Kyoujuro..." I said. He turn to look at me and smiles. I feel tears starts gathering in my eyes. He gently places a hand on top of my hand. "You don't have to do that..." I said.

"I want to... because you're important to me, Y/N" he said. I bit my lips as I try my hardest not to cry. But the tears still streams down my cheeks.

"Now that we have someone to ensure that Y/N would not harm a human. She will be accepted among us. So, welcome back, Y/N" he said. After hearing what he said. I can't hold myself any longer.

I choke out a sob as I place my hand on the ground, placing my head down. "Thank you, Oyakata-Sama... thank you so much" I cried out. My cry eventually gets louder as I keep kneeling in front of him, saying thank you repeatedly.

I feel a hand gently placed on my head. I know it's Kyoujuro's hand. He's trying to comfort me. But I just have to let out all the bottled up feelings. I'm just so glad they'd still welcome me even after I got turned into a demon. I'm so thankful for them.

*to be continued*