Chapter 19

Previously on Chapter 18

"I get it... you're in love with her, aren't you?" He said. I hear the resentment in his tone. He walks closer to us. "I won't let you have her... she belongs to me!" He said. I frown at what he said. How could he say that after he just abandoned me all these time?

-To Protect-

Y/N P.O.V

Akaza focuses his attention at Kyoujuro as those words left his mouth. I clench my hands into tight fists, feeling the emotion of anger growing within me. "What gives you the right to say something like that, huh? After you abandoned me all these time!!" I yelled angrily at him. Tears starts rolling down my eyes. Akaza turn his head to look at me. Guilt is shown on his eyes and face. I walk past Kyoujuro to stand in front of him as I glare at Akaza with a hateful gaze.

"You only came once and that was just a short meeting! Then you just left me again. Now you think you have the audacity to claim me as yours! Just what the hell is wrong with you?!" I said. I lift my hand, grabbing the necklace on my neck. I yank it off and throws it at him. It hits him right on his forehead. He flinch at the impact as he catches it.

He stares at the pendant before turning to look at me. "I hate you, Akaza!" I yelled angrily. His eyes widen at what I said. I notice there are tears in his eyes. But I'm too angry to even care what he feels.

"Y-You... you don't mean that" he said. His voice cracks a little. The sound of sadness in his voice, makes my heart aches a little as my glare waver a little. "Please t-tell m-me you don't r-really mean that, L/N-San" he said, almost pleadingly. I just shake my head as my glare hardens again.

"No. I meant every words that came out of my mouth. I hate you, Akaza" I said. He looks down at what I said. He let out a laugh as he turn to look at Kyoujuro with a hateful glare.

"It's because of you, isn't it?" He said. I feel myself tensing up when I feel his murderous intention. "It's because of you that she hates me now!" He said. The way his aura radiates from his body and the looks in his eyes. It's obvious to me what he's planning to do. He's planning to kill Kyoujuro. I won't let that happen.

"Don't you dare bring him into this, Akaza. You created this hatred in my heart because of YOUR own action!" I spat, pointing my index finger at him while moving to stand in front of Kyoujuro protectively.

"I wouldn't have grown to hate you if you had kept your promise. But all you've ever given me are just empty words! They meant NOTHING!" I yelled at him. He visibly flinched at my tone. I clench my hands into tight fists while one of them is clutching onto the hilt of my sword. "You promised that you'd be by my side. That you will be among the first people I'd see when I finally got my sight back! So where were you, huh?! WHERE WERE YOU?!" I yelled angrily.

"Forgive me..." he said, in a hushed voice. But it's loud enough for me to hear. He turned his head to look at Kyoujuro. He looks so regretful. "You obviously deserve her more than I'll ever will. But a job is a job. I still have to eliminate you" he said.

"And I have no problem in that. I'd be more happy to end you for hurting Y/N..." Kyoujuro said. He place a gentle hand on my shoulder, pushing me aside as he steps forward. He points his sword at Akaza. "I'll never let this slide. I'll make sure you pay for all the pain you have put her through" he said. This is the first time I see Kyoujuro look so angry. But if he fight with this anger, he will only ended up hurting himself.

"Kyoujuro, no!" I said. He turn his head to look at me and smiles softly. He turn look at Akaza. He takes a battle stance as Akaza does the same. I can't let these two fight. I've got to do something!

"Young Kamado, and you too, boar head boy. I need you both to make sure she doesn't interfere. That's an order, understand?" He said. My eyes widen at what he said. I can't believe he would request something like that.

"Don't be crazy, Kyoujuro! Akaza is an Upper Moon 3. You're just going to get hurt if you fight him alone!" I yelled. He just ignores what I said as he turn his focus on Akaza. He lunges at him. I try to run towards them to stop them from fighting. But a pair of arms stops me. I turn my head to see it's Hashibira.

"Kyoujuro! Akaza! Stop!!" I yelled out. I try to yank myself away from the boy's hold. But his grip is too strong. I don't want to use force, in worry that I might hurt his already injured body.

A strong wind blows after the impact caused by the two of them. I cover my face to protect it from the dust. Once the wind stops, I slowly removed my arm from my face. My eyes widen when I saw Kyoujuro all bloodied as he breathed heavily.

"That's enough!" I said, desperately. I try to get out of Hashibira's grip, but it's useless. My eyes widen when I realize Kyoujuro is about to use his ultimate technique. But it's not gonna end well for his already damaged body. "Sorry, Hashibira-Kun..." I said. I turn my body and kicks him off me. I turn around and run forward, stopping in between Kyoujuro and Akaza. I cough out blood when Akaza's fist right went through me.

"L/N-San. W-Why...?" Akaza breathed out. Tears starts to stream down his cheeks once he realize what I did. I just give him a weak smile. I move my body from his fist. I fell back into Kyoujuro's arms, as he cradled me in his arms being as gentle as possible.

"Why did you do that?" Kyoujuro said. I just stare back at him weakly. "Why, Y/N? You should have just let me take the hit. Why would you do that?" He said. His voice sounded desperate as he places his hand on my gapping whole, hoping to stop the blood from flowing out. But the hole on my body is too big to stop.

"Because you were always there for me when both of my parents were killed..." I said, in a weak tone. I slowly lift my hand, gently placing it on his cheek. "I don't want to lose you, Kyoujuro..." I said. He place his hand on top of mine.

Kyoujuro P.O.V

Her eyes starts fluttering close. "No. No no no..." I said, shaking my head, feeling desperate for her to keep her eyes open. "Don't you dare close your eyes! There has to be a way to save you, Y/N" I pleaded as hold her hand firmly against my cheek. I've never felt so desperate in my life before aside from the day I lost my mother. It was truly devastating, and now I'm about to lose the girl I love as well.

I lean my forehead against hers as my tears starts to roll down my cheeks. Some of them landing on hers. "Don't leave me, Y/N... I don't want to lose you either. Please, Y/N...

Please hold on

*to be continued*