Chapter 23

Previously on Chapter 24

"Akaza!!!" I yelled out, hoping somehow I'd be able to find my way back to him. But no matter how hard I try to strain my eyes to look for him. I just couldn't see him anywhere. Just what is this place?! Where am I??

-I'll Fight For You-

Y/N P.O.V

I run through the corridor of the seemingly endless hallway. But no matter how far I run, I seem to find myself back in the same spot. Just what is this place? How do I get out of here?

"Give up... you won't find your way out of this place" a voice said. I turn my head to see the Demon King. He stares at me with a smirk on his face. Where did he even came from? I didn't even realize he was here.

"Let me go" I said. He chuckles at how I try to sound brave. He walks over to me. I quickly back away as he continues to walk closer. Until I find myself unable to back away anymore due to the wall behind me. "Stay away!" I said. But he didn't listen, as he stands directly in front of me.

His place his hand right next to my head, leaning his face extremely close with mine to the point I can smell his breath. I try to move out of the way, only for him to place his hand against the wall to block me. I turn my head to look at him, making eye-contact with his plum red eyes.

"Give it up... you can't escape me..." he said. I place my hand on his chest, trying to push him off. But he didn't budge. He places his hands on top of mine as he moves even closer, making me sandwiched against the wall and himself. "You're mine now, Y/N... Akaza don't deserve you. I do" he said. A low growl emits from within my throat. I lean my face closer to his with a glare.

"I'm not yours... I'll never be. My heart and soul only belongs to Akaza. He's going to be the ONLY man I'll ever love. I will never be yours" I said. He looks taken aback by my words. He slams his hands on either side of my head, leaning dangerously close to my face. I flinch at his sudden move as he stares at me with a cold gaze.

"We'll see about that..." he said, with a malice smirk. I just stare at him. I don't know what's brewing inside his mind. But I know for certain that whatever he's plotting. It can't be good.

I flinch when he places a kiss on my nose. He backs away from me and turns around. I watch as he makes his way out of the room. I feel my body trembling as I feel fear growing within me. My knees went numb as I slide down, leaning my back against the wall as I stare at the ceiling.

I've always known that the progenitor of demon is a cruel man. But I didn't know it would be this bad. Not only did he's the reason of the existence of demons. Now he decided it was okay to tear me away from the man I love, claiming me to be his. I don't wanna be here. But how do I get out? Akaza... where are you?

Akaza P.O.V

Muzan-Sama slowly walks up to me, after leaving a while ago. Which  I assume he had went off to meet Y/N. Wherever Nakime transferred her to. I wordlessly kneel down in front of him. Even though deep in my heart, I want to just scream at him and make him tell me where he took Y/N.

"I now understand what's the deal with her..." he said. He goes down on one knee in front of me, placing his elbow on his other knee to be on the same eye-level as me. I lift my head slightly to look at him. "She's a real beauty, huh? You don't mind if I keep her, do you? You can consider it as your compensation for failing to look for what I've asked you to find..." he said, smirking at me.

"No, Muzan-Sama. P-Please... you can take anything but her. Please... not her" I pleaded. I place my hands on the ground as I bow at him, until my forehead touches the ground. "Please..." I begged, desperately. I hear him click his tongue in annoyance.

"How about I make you a deal..." he said. I lift my head to look at him. He lean his face close to mine with a cold gaze. "If you can find me what I've been asking for the past centuries. Maybe, I'll consider on letting her go and you can have her back. Unless or until you're able to find it... Y/N is mine to keep" he said. I slowly lift my head to look at him. I know he's referring to the Blue Spider Lily. I have tried to look for that flower everywhere. But I can't seem to find it. Now he's trying to put Y/N as an ultimatum.

"She's not an object, Muzan-Sama. She's a living being with feelings. You can't be doing this to her" I said. I've no idea where I suddenly have the courage to talk back to him. He can obliterate me in seconds if he wants to. I guess it's just because I can't stand the fact that he had treated Y/N like a toy.

"You've got the nerve to talk back to me with that tone" he said. I lower my head to avoid eye-contact with him. "After I've been so kind to give you a deal! How DARE you, Akaza" he said. I feel a strong surge of force going through my body. I lower my head as I feel pain all over my body. I feel my blood dripping from my lips and to the floor.

"Well, if you refuse this offer, you might as well say goodbye to your beloved Y/N

"Well, if you refuse this offer, you might as well say goodbye to your beloved Y/N..." he said. He slowly stands up and walks away. I lift my head to look at him. I know it's an impossible thing to ask. But I'd rather die trying than to risk losing the girl I love.

"Muzan-Sama!" I exclaimed. He stops walking and turn to look at me over his shoulder. I slowly move to stand up. "I'll do it" I said, giving him a look of determination. He turn his body to face me fully. "But please... let her be near me. I'm begging you..." I said, staring at him with a pleading gaze. He stares at me for a few seconds.

"Hmm... fine. Just because you've been loyal to me for centuries" he said. He turn his head to look at Nakime. "Bring her here" he said. She strum the biwa.

I hear a soft thud. I turn my head to see Y/N on the ground and she seems to be asleep. "Y/N..." I breathe out. I rush towards her. But before I could get near her, Muzan-Sama stopped me. I turn my head to look at him.

"Remember... I'll take my claim on her  if you fail this. Do you understand, Akaza?" He said. I just nod my head lightly, without saying anything. He gives me a satisfied nod and releases my shoulder. I turn to Y/N, rushing towards her. I drop on my knees next to her and gently scoops her up. I hold her close, letting her head lean on my chest.

Tears starts falling from my eyes as I stare at her face. I lean my forehead against hers. I promise, Y/N. No matter how hard the task is... no matter how impossible it is. I'll try my hardest to fulfill it. No matter how far-fetched it seems...

I'll fight for you

*to be continued*