Chapter 10

Previously on Chapter 9

I slowly close my eyes as a lone tear slip out of my right eye. The drug starts to take effect as I start to feel sleepy. So I just let the sleepiness take over me, letting myself drift off to sleep.

-The First Light-

Y/N P.O.V

I sit with my back against the headboard. Bandages are covering my eyes. It's been 5 days since I get my eyes operated. During those 5 days, I can't sense the presence of Akaza. It's like he's never been around at all. It makes me wonder if he's just a pigment of my imagination, and that he never truly existed. But the warmth I feel when he's around, it's real. So I know for sure that he existed.

I feel someone coming closer towards me. At first, I hope it was Akaza. But as the person grew closer, I realize it wasn't him. I sad smile starts to form on my lips.

"Hey, Mom..." I mumbled. I feel her hand is place on my head. She starts to smooth out my hair, that isn't caught in the bandage. "Where's dad? I don't sense him here..." I asked, turning my head slightly towards I feel she stands.

"Your dad is going to get you something to eat. It's lunch time now" she said. I just hum softly at what she said. I feel the bed dipped a little as she takes a seat. "So, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"I feel fine. I'm just a little nervous. What if this surgery doesn't work and I'd still be blind?" I said, with a small smile on my face. It's something I can't get rid of from my head. "And what if I'm able to see? But I ended up feeling overwhelmed that my senses become a mess? I've been blind for several years" I said.

"Oh, honey. I know you're nervous. Your mom and I will be with you along the way. You have nothing to worry about" she said. I just smile at what she said. She gently pulls me into a hug. I place my chin on her shoulder, as she rub my back gently to calm me down.

2 Months Later

"Okay, we're going to start by taking off your bandage okay? We'll take things slow. And please keep both of your eyes close until I tell you it's okay to open them. We don't want to overwhelm your eyes" the doctor said. I just nod my head.

I feel his hands going to my head as he slowly unravels the bandages. I keep my eyes close just as instructed. My hand is being held by my mother the whole time as she rubs circles on the back of my hand.

"Okay... slowly open them. The light might be a bit too much. But I'm sure you'll adjust soon" he said. I slowly open my eyes. I squint them as I try to look around.

I turn my head to look at my mother

I turn my head to look at my mother. She held a look of worry in her eyes. I smile softly as tears starts to roll down my cheeks.

"Mom... I can see you" I said. Her eyes widen at what I said. I turn my head to look at father who stands across from me, biting onto his thumb nervously. "Father..." I said, smiling soflty at him. They let out a breathy laugh as they feel relieved. They wrap their arms around me. I smile happily as I hug them back.

"I'm so happy, honey. You can see us again!" Father said as he held me tight. I just let out a happy laugh as both of them hugs me tightly. I feel the happiness radiating off of their bodies. Seems like my sharp senses are still there.

"This is a miracle... I'm happy for you, L/N-San" the doctor said. I turn to look at him and smiles happily. He gently pat my back. "Congratulation for your new sight" he said.

"Thank you, Doctor" I said. I move to stand up and wrap my arms around him. He let out a chuckle as he hugs me back, gently patting my back. "Thank you so much! This is all I could ever ask for" I said.

"You're welcome, L/N-San..." he said. I pull away and grins at him. He gently pat my shoulder and turn to look at my parents. "Please take it easy. Also, please do make sure that she takes her medicine regularly. So her eyes can recover properly" he said.

"Yes, of course, doctor. Thanks..." Father said. He turn to look at me and smiles softly. I smile back at him. I feel a hand on my head. I turn my head to see it's Mother's. She gently ruffles my hair. I pout at her for messing up my hair. She let out a giggle at my reaction. I shake my head and eventually let out a small laugh. The doctor smiles at our interaction. He excuse himself and walks out of the room.

"Oh, honey... I'm so happy that you're able to see again. After such a long time" she said. I smile happily at her. She pulls me into a hug. I close my eyes as I gently hug her back. I'm happy that I'm finally able to see.

Deep down, I wish one of the people I'm able to see for the first time would be Akaza. But he's nowhere around. I wonder if I'll be able to see him, truly see him. Not just sensing his presence or seeing his soul. But what he truly looks like. I wanna see him.

"Is there something wrong, Y/N?" Father asked, as he notices the sad expression I'm making. I blink my eyes a few times and turn to look at him. He places a hand on my head. "Is there something bothering you? I thought you'd be happy that you're finally able to see me and your mother" he said.

"I am... I am happy. It's just..." I said. He stares at me as he waits for me to tell him. I was about to tell him about Akaza. But remember he's not comfortable with a lot of people knowing him. "Um... Never mind. But I'm really okay, mom... dad" I said.

They turn to look at each other, as they share a worried gaze. But neither of them try to make me talk. Which makes me feel grateful neither of them are pressuring me to tell them what I truly felt at the moment.

My eyes starts to get droopy, as I feel sleepy. "Are you tired?" Mother asked. I turn my head to look at her. I lightly nod my head. "Then get some rest, okay?" She said. I just nod my head again.

She gently help me lay down on the bed. She pulls the blanket right up to my neck, leaning down to place a soft kiss on my forehead. I smile softly at her and closes my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep with only one question in my mind.

Where are you, Akaza-San?

*to be continued*