Chapter 22

Previously on Chapter 21

"I love you too, Akaza" I said. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head. I close my eyes, snuggling closer to him. I let myself drift off to sleep.

-Where Am I?-

Y/N P.O.V

I feel something poking my cheek. I wave my hand as I try to swat it away. The only thing I hear is the sound of chuckling. I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly open my eyes. My eyes met with a pair of yellow ones.

"Hello~" he said, gleefully. I roll my eyes as I move to sit up. He just chuckles, realizing I'm a little grumpy after being woken up. "Don't be mad..." he said, pulling me into a hug. I let out a huff and snuggles closer to him. I feel him placing his chin on top of my head as he held me close.

"Hey... do you still want this?" He asked. I pull away from the hug. He takes out the necklace I had tossed at him during the battle. I smile softly and nod my head. "Let me put this on you" he said. I turn around, moving my hair aside. I feel the cold metal on my skin as he put the necklace on.

I smile softly as I gently trace the pendant with my fingers.

"I'm sorry for throwing it at you

"I'm sorry for throwing it at you... it surely doesn't hurt considering how small it is and also consider the fact that you're a demon. But it surely did hurt your feelings, right? Especially with the things I said to you" I said. I turn to look at Akaza. He just gives me a small smile. I lift my hands, cupping his cheeks. "I'm sorry..." I said, smiling apologetically at him. He leans his cheek into my touch.

"I'm not going to lie. It does hurts when you told me you hated me..." he said. A tear slip out of his right eye. He smiles at me as he lift his hand, cupping my cheek. "I'm just glad you didn't actually mean what you said" he said.

"Of course not, Akaza... of all the men that has tried to ask for my hand. You're the only one I truly want" I said. He smiles happily at what I said. I smile softly at him as I gently place my forehead against his. He leans in and closes the gap between us. I close my eyes as I gently kisses him back.

Akaza pulls away from me. I notice his face turning pale. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I was about to ask him what happened, when a strumming sound of biwa reach my ears. The next thing I know, we're no longer in our house.

Akaza holds me tight as I look around in confusion. "Oh no..." Akaza breathed out. I sense the panic growing in him. This makes me wonder what this place is.

"Akaza..." a voice said. I flinch at the sound. I turn my head to see a man. The most noticeable feature he has are his eyes. They're in the shade of blood, plum red eyes making contact with mine. A smirk forms on his lips. I feel shiver running down my spine at the look he sends me.

"M-Muzan-Sama..." Akaza said, making me snap my head towards him. Did he just call him Muzan. As in the progenitor of demons... Kibutsuji Muzan?!

"I see you've brought our newborn demon..." he said. Akaza turn his head to look at me for a brief moment and turn to look at Muzan. "So this is the human girl you've grown fond of, hm? I see you've decided to turn her into a demon" he said. Akaza didn't say anything as the grip he has on me tighten.

I let out a yelp when tendrils grabs my wrists, pulling me out of Akaza's grasp. My eyes make contact with a pair of plum red eyes as I was brought closer to him. I flinch when I feel his hand on my chin.

"I should say... you do have a quite good taste in woman, Akaza" he said. He run the back of his hand across my cheek. "She's so breathtaking... kinda makes me want to keep her to myself" he said. His hand gently grab a few strands of my hair, placing a kiss on it. I just stare at him with a hateful gaze. "She also has some flame burning in her. Perhaps, I should teach her a lesson instead..." he said.

"No, Muzan-Sama... please don't hurt her" Akaza said, in a pleading tone. I turn my head to look at him over my shoulder. He moves to kneel down. "I did what you told me to do! You said you'd let me be with her if I turn her into a demon..." he said. His voice sounded desperate.

Muzan chuckles at his words. "And what makes you think I actually meant what I said?" He said, in a cold voice. I watch as Akaza's eyes widen in horror. I turn my head to look at Muzan. A malice smirk appears on his face.

"You sly demon!" I yelled at him. He turn his head to look at me. I kick at him, hoping somehow I'd be able to kick his face to wipe that stupid smirk on his face. "From what I know after Akaza stayed away from me because of your order, is that he's loyal to you. And that makes you think you can just boss him around?! You're such a shitty excuse for a boss, you know that?!" I yelled in an angry tone. I don't know where I get this courage from. But I just couldn't accept the way Muzan treats Akaza.

He blinks his eyes at me, completely didn't expect how I act. A smile starts to form on his face. But the smile is anything but genuine. "My my... such a brave little demon you are. Yes... I think I'm going to keep you. You are perfect for me" he said. My eyes widen at what he said.

He turn his head to the side. I notice a woman holding a biwa. "Nakime... take her to a room" he said. She gently strum the instrument and the next thing I know, I'm no longer the in the same room as Akaza and Muzan. But in an empty room.

I shake my head at the fact that I had been separated from Akaza. "No... no no no!" I yelled out. I stand up and rush towards the door. But as I swing it open, the only thing I see are unfamiliar place.

"Akaza!!!" I yelled out, hoping somehow I'd be able to find my way back to him

"Akaza!!!" I yelled out, hoping somehow I'd be able to find my way back to him. But no matter how hard I try to strain my eyes to look for him. I just couldn't see him anywhere. Just what is this place?! Where am I??

*to be continued*