Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

Akaza P.O.V

I feel my heart skip a beat, hearing her reason why she's still selling flowers out here. She continue this despite having the money just so she could be around me? She did this... so she could meet me? Even though she can't see. What would she said when she's finally able to see and learn the truth that I'm a demon? Will she still want to be around me?

-Bittersweet-

Y/N P.O.V

As usual, I'm back at the spot where I always sell flowers. My parents must've find it weird that I still chose to sell flowers even though we already have enough money to get my eyes operated. Even so, they didn't question me. They must have think that it's been my daily activity. So they let me continue selling.

I feel the changes in the air, which makes me smile. It's only a matter of time until Akaza arrives. He's always on time. A few minutes after I feel the sun going down, he'd already be here.

An Hour Later

"You're late, Akaza-San..." I said, when I finally feel his presence. He let out a chuckle and ruffled my hair. "Cut that out!" I protested. He only laughs at my reaction. I huffed and crossed my arms across my chest. "So why are you late? You owe me a reason" I asked.

"Sorry, Y/N-San. I had an errand to do. Sorry for not coming on time today" he said. I turn my head away, trying to show him that I'm mad at him. "Oh, come on. Don't be like that. It wasn't my intention to be late to meet you here. I swear!" He said.

"Fine... you're forgiven" I said. I yelped when he pulls me into a hug. "A little warning next time? I'm blind. It scared me if people touches me out of nowhere, idiot" I said. He let out a laugh at what I said. He gently pat my back as if trying to calm my nerve. I let out a sigh and just wrap my arms around him.

"It's late... come on, now. I'll walk you home, Y/N-San" he said. I just nod my head. I feel his hand holding mine as he helps me stand up. He hold my hand, as he starts to guide me towards the direction of my house. I feel my heart starts to beat faster at how gentle he's being with me. It can't be denied... I'm falling for this man.

***

Akaza P.O.V

I let Y/N walks ahead of me as she approaches her house. I just linger a few feet behind her to make sure her parents wouldn't notice me. A fond smile starts to form on my face as I watch her she entering her house, greeted by her parents with a hug.

I hear a strumming sound of a biwa, making me flinch. The next thing I know is I'm standing on a platform in a familiar place. The Infinity Castle, or better known as Muzan-Sama's lair. If I got teleported here, which means he has summoned me.

"Akaza..." a cold voice said. I flinch at the sound and turn around to see him. I quickly move to kneel down in front of him. I keep my gaze lowered on the floor, not daring to look into his eyes. "Do you know why I called you here?" He asked, in his stern voice.

"No, Muzan-Sama..." I said, shaking my head. I hear him clicking his tongue in obvious annoyance. I just stay silent as he slowly approaches me. I lower my head down, afraid of what might happen. What he might do.

"You think I wouldn't notice?" He asked. I flinch at his question. I feel his hand grabbing my hair, turning my head to look at him. I advert my gaze, afraid to look into his eyes. "It has come to my attention what you've been doing these past few months. A situation that doesn't sit right with me. Let's call the situation... L/N Y/N" he said. My eyes widen slightly at what he said.

"M-Muzan-Sama... I-I..." I stammered. He glared at me, making me flinch. He punches me, making me stumble back. My jaw breaks because of the impact. But the pain only lasts for a few seconds as my jaw started to heal. I drop on my knees, not daring to say anything else.

"I tolerate your belief that you wouldn't hurt women. But I didn't say you can fall for one..." he said. I didn't say a word to his statement. He walks over to me and squad down in front of me. "So why... did you let this happen, Akaza? WHY did you let yourself fall for that woman? She's a mortal and you're a demon! This is a disgrace!" He bursted out.

"Forgive me, Muzan-Sama. It was not my intention to fall in love with her. I couldn't control my feelings" I said. He grabs my chin, tilting my head to look at him. His eyes clearly shows how angry he is. I advert my gaze, not daring to continue staring into them.

"Feelings... are for the weak" he spat, hatefully. He push me down, so I'm laying on my back. He stands up and places his foot on my chest. "I'm only giving you three options for this situation. Kill her or bring her to me... or the last option you have is to leave her. But if you still want to be around her, then she must turn into a demon like us" he said.

"No, Muzan-Sama. Please... don't hurt her" I begged as I hold onto his feet. "I'll keep my distance. Please... I'll stay away from her!" I pleaded, as I turn to look at him with a pleading gaze.

"Good. I don't want to hear or see you anywhere near this girl ever again. Do you understand?" He said. I nod my head and lower my gaze. I hear the sound of Biwa and I'm back to the spot where I first got called in. In front of me is Y/N's house.

I feel a lone tear streaming down my right cheek, and the rest soon follows until I start to cry. "I'm sorry, Y/N-San. I can no longer accompany you... I can no longer be near you" I said. I lower my head down as I choke out a sob.

Forgive me...

*to be continued*