bleeding roses

"taetae...i'm sleepy again."

"you'll be alright, love."

"you say that all the time."

keep telling me that it gets better. does it ever?

help me. it's like the walls are caving in. sometimes i feel like giving up, no medicine is strong enough...

──⭑──

disclaimer: sensitive topics- mention of abuse, mention of cheating (not between taekook), anxiety, depression, childhood traumas. read at your own risk if any of this will trigger you.

.

jungkook's pov

it was a sunday night.

after a long day, i found myself falling onto my bed, with my dearest one sitting besides me.

"thanks for today hyungie."

"you don't have to thank me all the time, my love." he chuckled, "this is- the fourth time already?"

"i don't know. but I will say it again. 'cause it's the best birthday ever!" I said, extending both my arms in the air, like a child, craving his warmth. i craved his warmth.

taehyung connected our foreheads. "you're my bestest boy. now, will my bestest boy go to sleep?"

i could only whine. though the words that dripped out of his lips felt like honey.

"why, darling? aren't you sleepy? look at your eyes. they wanna rest."

"but I don't want to. want my taetae with me."

"your taetae will always be with you. only yours. only for my rose.

"I liked the rollercoaster more." i said, changing the subject, not wanting to fall asleep.

"mhm, we really did. it was fun." he pinched my nose, as I lay down on the bed, with both my arms about my head.

taehyung was sitting in the edge of the bed, closer to my waist.

he was looking down my eyes, that's begging for some sleep.

"now-"

"that's the best birthday hyungie. I want to do something for you too."

"baby, you can do anything you want, but for now, take some rest. we've been out all day."

i looked down, my lips pushed itself forward, without my permission.

taehyung pushed my bangs to the back, and said, "i'll go to the bathroom, and come back again for my bunny, yeah? we'll cuddle."

my ears perked up at the word 'cuddle'. i nodded, smiling at him, and telling myself not to fall asleep before my taehyungie hyung arrives.

like promised, my boyfriend arrived, a bit fresher than before, yet sleepier. he gently slid into the blanket, and met my droopy eyes.

i smiled with tiredness pulling me in for some rest. i wanted to sleep so bad, at the same time, i didn't want to.