Hack-A-Thon

You sat in the dining hall of Essex university. You hadn't been the most social having dived yourself into the math department wanting use the one thing you were good at in hopes of building a living out of it.

Of course the department was mostly filled with pimple faced nerds with over sized glasses you still got along with them. Your notebook open, your food sat untouched and cold you pushed your hair back as you studied your notes for the next coming up math contest. You had won twice since your time in the school and so far you were at the top of your class.

Well there was a very close second, Leighton Murray. Also a gifted math magician who refused to compete in any of the math competitions although you never asked her but the guys did to which she told them she 'would rather be caught dead than doing any extra curricular activities that involved her being surrounded by calculating wielding nerds', just like that word for word bar for bar.

You look up from your notes to see the blonde in question standing in front of you. "I want to be in the Hack-A-Thon." You raised an eyebrow, "what happened to not wanting to be seen with us?" You questioned in a condescending tone. She rolled her eyes "I don't, but the team we are going against has a dude that I really hate and I would love nothing more than to wipe that feeble little smirk off his face thought he use of complicated equations."

You rolled your eyes, of course she was using the team for the hack-a-thon. "Fine, then I'm out." You closed your book and stood up the smile fading off of the blondes face as she watched you stand up. "Wait no! That's not how this is suppose to go., I'm gonna try this again. I want to be in the hack a thon." She smiled brightly to which you shrugged "and?" "And this is the part where you get super excited because both of us being in the competition means a sure fire win. The two tops of the class."

"I don't care to win Peyton."
"Um, It's Leighton. But you are the reason the team won two other competitions. Before that second was the best they could do if third and fourth was already taken." She says following you as you walked out of the dining hall.

"For someone who doesn't like calculator wielding nerds you did a lot of research." You say waving at two students from the math class that smiled waving at you.
"Yea well, you aren't a calculator wielding nerd! You don't have glasses and you're pretty hot." She shrugged you stopped turning to her and reaching into your pocket pulling out your glasses and putting them on. "Now will you leave me alone?"
"Actually you with glasses is also hot, please y/n I need your help winning this!"
Your cheeks filled with heat at the compliment as she stepped in front of you stopping you from walking away.
"What's in it for me?" You question tilting your head. The blonde bit her lip thinking. "I can take you out of a date?" She grinned.

"pass." You walked around her causing her to gasp "wait!" She followed "okay look I know you haven't had time to party, Ryan told me you wanted to do that as a college check of list thing. how about this! Theta is throwing a party the night after the Hack-A-Thon I can get you in?" You sighed it was true you didn't want to just cram your mind with studies the entire time you wanted to explore the college life, get into a little trouble your father told you to let a little loose and enjoy yourself and you hadn't figured out quite how to do that yet but now the opportunity seemed to have fallen right into your lap.

"Fine. But if we fucking lose Leighton I swear to the heavens above I will make you regret it. You will be at my dorm every day for the next week leading up to hack-a-thon studying with me" You say still not looking at her.

The hack-a-thon was a success, you two had came in first place and Leighton kept her word with getting you in to a Theta party. You wore a short black dress that stopped mid thigh, Ryan had picked it out saying it was your first college party and you should stand out. You felt out of place though, so out of place in fact that you stayed almost in a corner. The music was loud and the sight of people grinding against each other, shirtless theta boys hosting and passing out drinks.
You pulled out your phone texting your friend