A text message

On that same night, Jayden and his group were at the fields. But at a tree which was closer to the bushes that was attached to the school.

Chloe stood with folded arms, her back resting on the tree. Robin sat on the ground and Martin just stood while Jayden sat on a branch on the tree.

" The freshmen party would be holding this week. Gonna attend?" Chloe asked.
" Of course, I never miss it" Robin answered smiling.
" I was actually asking Jayden" she said and they all turned to look at Jayden who was on the tree.

" I don't know yet" he said simply.
   Every year the school holds a welcome party for freshmen. The only people who attend are the freshmen and the seniors . But Jayden and his group had always attended if they felt like it, even when they weren't seniors.

" I'll be there" Martin said. And they soon started talking about other things but Jayden was silent most of the time.

     Quick information. No one was allowed out of the school premises until it's time to visit family. The school gave such breaks once every month which consisted of just three days out and everyone will be back to the school.

It was one's choice if they want to visit family or not during that time. Also . Boys were not allowed into the girls dorm and girls were also not allowed into the boys dorm. But you know, rules are meant to be broken.

Students still sneak to go against these laws. But if caught, will be punished or suspended and yes many have been caught. The dreaded four did not ever abide by any law, they left the school whenever they felt like it without anyone able to say a word and they crossed to whatever dormitory they wanted to go to.

Another rule in the school was. Movements in the school premises were not allowed once it was 10:00pm. Everyone was expected to be in their rooms. Anyone caught outside after 10pm was punished. This was one rule everyone feared because it was taken very seriously. Yet again the dreaded four moved whenever they liked.

* * *

    Kayla went to the library the next day and climbing up the stairs, she collided into a random guy and she quickly apologized. Once she got to the top of the stairs, she walked into the rolls of shelves. She bent into a different roll and she saw him.

The guy everyone called Mr handsome, the leader of the dreaded four, Jayden. She wasn't supposed to be starring like she had been told, but he was just standing there turning the pages of a book with his fingers.

He looked at her, both their eyes met and that was when she returned to the real world, she turned around and hurried to the back of the shelf.
" Shit" Kayla cursed.
' Please God please, don't let him remember me' she prayed within.

The books she wanted was right where Jayden was at. She pondered whether to go there or not and ended with the thought of ignoring him and get her books. She'd just act like she didn't even notice him. If she keeps avoiding him, he might probably notice her as the girl always hiding from him. She just had to act normal.

She took a deep breath and walked back to the corner where Jayden was but BOOM.. Jayden was no longer there. She felt relieved anyway. Kayla picked the book she wanted and left the library.

   She had a class so she went to the lecture hall although she was a bit late. She got in and lectures went by smoothly. Once it was time for lunch. Kayla, Stella, Max and Riya came out of the hall as they walked together in the hallway

" I can't join you guys now. I have to get some stuff" Kayla said
"Your assignments?" Stella asked and Kayla nodded.
" Aren't you hungry tho?" Max asked looking concerned
" Well... Not enough to weigh me down. If I finish on time, I'll join you guys" Kayla said with a smile.

"Alright, hurry then" it was Riya who spoke and Kayla walked off leaving them. She headed to the door and there were other girls going to and fro.  Kayla got to her room and packed up a pile of papers that were arranged on her table with other text books.

She carried them and headed out. Kayla was now walking on the tiled partition made for walking ( pedestrian lane ) as it was separated from the fields . Her phone suddenly buzzed. Holding the books and papers on her left hand, she operated her phone with her right.

There was a text from her mom.

Momma❤️
    Honey I've been thinking about you, how are you doing over there?

Kayla read the text and then started typing as she kept walking. Unknowing to her. There was a bike coming from the opposite side in high speed.
And the rider didn't seem like he was going to slow down or Dodge her.

(  Mom I'm fine, you don't have to worry, everything here is great, I'll call you later okay? )

   Immediately she was done typing, she raised her face from her phone and her eyes widened. Jayden was the one on the bike and he was way too close to her already. She screamed and tried to move aside in a hurry.

Jayden drove past her with high speed, only not touching her by a tiny inch. In that split second Kayla had thrown everything she was holding away into the air out of fear. The papers flew and scattered around. When she realized he had past and she wasn't dead yet she felt relieved and quickly started picking up all the papers and books.

While she picked up her books, people stood by but it didn't really bother her, all she cared about was her assignments. She ran around picking them up as they were scattered around.

While she was at this, Jayden had stopped his bike along his drive  which caused more students to stand and watch. They probably wanted to see what he'd do. On a normal day, Jayden would just drive off not bothered whether the person died or not.

But to everyone's shock, he actually stopped. He stayed on the bike for a short while, then stepped down, he turned around and started walking back to Kayla who was still unaware and busy running around trying to pick up all her papers.

Please vote & comment 🥀