Calm down

Jayden walking alone in the middle of the night. He ran his hand through his hair as the wind blew. He couldn't stop thinking about Kayla. He was a vampire and she was a human, but he wanted her so much.

Even then, he knew that if he really wanted to be with her, he couldn't hide the fact that he was a vampire from her. Humans were not supposed to know about the existence of Vampires. Any human that finds out will be killed, although they can compelle humans to forget. But then his powers didn't work on her.

He had been tempted to drink her blood countless times but he had to control himself. He couldn't afford to scare her. He was the prince and should be an example to other vampires. So what was he supposed to do now? He was confused. What if he stays away? He's tried that, it didn't work.

If he hides it from her. She'd grow old and will notice he isn't aging, She'll definitely get suspicious. There was no way he could spend his life with her, without her finding out. Perhaps if he kills her..... No. He loved her, he couldn't.

* * *

    The next day. Kayla started packing her girly clothes and some other girly items into her bag. She didn't know why she was suddenly packing them. Even though it was because of Jayden, she liked to tell herself it was because she had no female friends anymore, so just in case she needed them.

Once she was ready to leave, she waved her parents goodbye. They gave her some money and all the advice they could think of. Kayla was a bit sad, since she'll miss her parents but then.. she was happy because she would get to see Jayden again.

She shouldn't be so happy, he was still the leader of the dreaded four. He only just told her he liked her and she was already becoming stupid. Chloe still hated her. And dozens of girls liked Jayden. Could she even trust him?.

...

    Everyone had returned to school and settled in. At night, Kayla stayed in her room hoping Jayden would show up but he wasn't showing up. She got angry.
' I don't even want him' she told herself. She rolled from one end of her bed to the other. Did he not know she was back in school? Of course he knew.

* * *
   Morning, Again. Kayla went for lectures as usual and after, she went to the cafeteria. As she was about to enter, Max walked to her with a smile.
" Hey Kayla, how are you?" He asked
" I'm okay, you?" Kayla asked back returning the smile. She did miss him. He really was her only friend.

" I'm okay. Hope you enjoyed your holiday?" he asked.
" I did. But it went by too quickly" she answered letting out a little chuckle which made Max's smile widen.
" Let's walk together to get our food" Max suggested and Kayla agreed.

They both walked into the cafeteria while still catching up with smiles on their faces. Kayla then sighted Jayden who was seated with his friends at their table. He stared directly at her, a frown on his forehead. She immediately became nervous, she looked away from him and kept her eyes on the floor, she also stopped talking with Max.

Max noticed this but didn't say anything. They got their food and found a table. They both sat and started eating. The whole time, Jayden did not stop looking at Kayla.

However, Kayla tried her best to ignore him. She looked towards Stella and Riya, they were also looking at her.
' they're probably mad that Max is not hanging out with them but with me'  she thought and turned back to her food with a sad face. She sighed. She didn't want them to hate her, even though they were no longer friends. She didn't want it to look like she took Max from them.

Max looked at her and noticed she wasn't eating.
" Kayla. What's wrong?" He asked with concern laced on his voice. Kayla looked at him.
" Don't you think you should go over to Stella and Riya?" Kayla said trying to convince him. He dropped his spoon giving Kayla his full attention.
" Why? If I go there, who would be with you?" He asked.
" Well.... I'll be fine, I don't want them to think I'm taking you from them" Kayla insisted.

" They don't own me. Besides, I still do hang out with them. Don't think too much about it okay..." Max said in an assuring tune.
" But.." Kayla tried to argue but Max held her hand that was on the table, which stopped her from talking.

   Jayden's frown deepened seeing this. He stared at Max's hand which held Kayla's on the table. His eyes changing. Robin quickly placed his hand on Jayden's shoulder. Jayden looked at him as his eyes went back to normal.
" Calm down" Martin said only for Jayden to hit Robin's hand off his shoulder angrily. He then returned his eyes to Max.

His hand was still holding Kayla's as he stared at her. Jayden was fuming. The aura emitting from him quickly affected everyone in the cafeteria. They had started to feel uncomfortable, even though they didn't know why they were feeling uncomfortable. Not long everyone started to notice Jayden's mood they wondered what went wrong.

Max and Kayla also looked towards Jayden and could easily tell that Max was the target of Jayden's eyes. Max felt slightly scared and he awkwardly removed his hand from Kayla's  and dropped his eyes to his food. Kayla also returned her eyes to her food.

Jayden stood up and walked out of the cafeteria. Immediately he left, everyone felt relaxed and continued what they were doing. They murmured amongst themselves. It was easy to tell that Jayden was looking at Max. They wondered what crime Max had committed.

I don't know why I feel so lazy to update recently. I sincerely apologise .

Please vote & comment