Freshmen party

Jayden walked in the quiet night with his hands in the pockets of his hoodie. He strolled in the field as he thought about why he picked up the paper. Why he was so pulled to Kayla, when did he start feeling pity or was it feeling guilty?

Just as he strolled he saw something or rather someone a little far away, at the other side of the field, walking on the walk lane. He knew who it was. She was the girl who entered his hide away room and the girl he almost hit with his bike.

' What the hell is she doing out this night, isn't she scared, doesn't she know about the curfew?' Jayden asked to himself and continued to watch her.

Kayla who didn't know she was being watched, kept heading for the cafeteria. The night was cold, her hoodie did nothing to block the cold from affecting her. She hugged herself. She finally got to the cafeteria and tried opening the door but it was stuck. It was locked.

" Shit" she muttered frustrated. She was too late. She stood there thinking of what to do but came up short. She hit the door as she grumbled.

Jayden's lips curved upward. He found the sight amusing but quickly got rid of the smile. He felt the need to help her and walked away.

Kayla who was still determined to find a way to get in tried opening the door again and this time it actually clicked and opened. She stepped back a little shocked
" Wasn't it locked just now? Or... Have I been opening it wrongly?" She questioned herself.

However she entered and quickly found the vending machine. She got three packets of chips and a Coke. She'd have to do with this for the night. She walked out and closed the door behind her and quickly headed back to her dorm unaware of the eyes that followed her all the way.

Jayden watched her until she got to her dorm before leaving
' Since when did he become a bodyguard?. Ridiculous" He thought to himself.

* * *

The next day, Kayla woke up as usual and started preparing. The freshmen party was happening today but it would be held at night. She didn't quite like that. It was a welcoming party not a club show. Why did it have to be held at night? But well, who was she to complain.

According to Stella and Riya. Most of the school's events were held at night. Nobody knew why and besides it didn't bother them, it was fun. But that didn't stop Kayla from thinking it was weird.

However, she had a bigger problem. She had nothing to wear. She wanted to wear her usual but Riya and Stella, even Max objected, saying everyone would be well dressed like an actual party. If she wore such odd clothes, she'd be singled out among everyone.

Kayla didn't tell them why she dressed the way she did. It looked normal. perhaps they thought it was just her style. But she told them she didn't like showing skin.

She didn't want to be the spotlight or be the one everyone would gossip about so she agreed to dress up. To her advantage it was a night party, meaning she won't be really that seen or recognized.

It was noon. She walked with her friends by the field as they talked.
" Guys, there's a problem tho" she said with a sad expression.
" What is it?" Max asked.
Kayla sighed " I don't own any dresses" she admitted dropping her gaze.
" Oh that's not a problem at all" Stella said loudly with a smile.
" I and Riya have alot of dresses, we'll just have to find one that suits you" Stella added making Kayla relieved.

They waved Max goodbye and Kayla followed them to their dorm. They entered Riya's room. Riya looked very excited as she brought out different dresses showing them to Kayla.

"Black would look really good on you" Riya said and Stella nodded in agreement.
" Um.. no.. black would only make my skin pronouced" Kayla said.
Both Riya and Stella shared glances with each other and then gave Kayla a questioning look

" Why are you so hell bent on not showing any skin?" Stella asked
" Nothing. I just don't feel comfortable" Kayla replied and they left it at that. They later found a red dress that had only spaghetti straps for hands. The back was not exposed at all. It was body fitted all the way to her waist and then flared outward. It also wasn't a long dress but wasn't short either.

Kayla tried it on and Riya and Stella wouldn't stop screaming excitedly, saying things like
" Oh my God, girl.... It looks so good on you"
" Wow.. I never knew my dress was this beautiful. It fits you perfectly"
" You have such a nice body. Why hide it? "

Kayla folded the dress and took it to her dorm, along with a pair of shoes from Stella. Not long, night fell. She was nervous or just completely scared. Her friends wouldn't be there with her.

The party would begin at 8pm. Kayla wore the dress and the shoes. It looked perfect on her. Looking at herself in the mirror. She unpacked her hair and let it fall on her shoulders. She was beautiful. She smiled at first but sighed shortly.

The time was 8:17pm. She knew the party must have already begun. She took a small purse and put her phone into it. She stepped out and headed for the hall where the party was taking place.

Once she got there, she stepped in. There were alot of people. Everyone was dressed like this was a birthday party or something. Some held glasses of wine as disco lights shone, giving the hall different colors.

Kayla's Pov

I stood looking around not knowing what to do.
" Attention everyone" A male voice spoke and I looked to where the voice came from. It was a senior I guessed. He was tall and good looking. He stood on a higher platform.

Everyone gathered together, giving him all their attention. I joined as I soon found my way to the front of the crowd.

" My name is Duke. First I'll like to announce that you're seeing me here because our top student. Jayden. Has refused to do the honours of welcoming you all. So therefore I'm here. Let's put our hands together for him for neglecting us" He said jokingly and everyone actually started clapping.

Du dun dunnnn

What do you think would happen here.

Please vote & Comment