The jacket

I looked around for Jayden but I couldn't spot him in the crowd. I Just wanting to know if he was here. I felt cold. I should have worn a jacket or something. This dress only had very thin straps for hands.

Duke kept talking, his welcome speech was quite long. I just wanted to go back to my room.
After his speech. Loud music started playing and some people started dancing. Some were drinking and talking.

I just stood holding my body. My hands and shoulders were all exposed to the cold. I stared at everyone not knowing what to do. I couldn't understand what type of welcome party this was.
Do school's even hold welcome parties?. Why did this feel like a club.

..

    Jayden and his group stood in the crowd at a corner with glasses of wine in their hands.
Jayden looked around and his eyes fell on Kayla who stood hugging herself and starring at everyone. He looked her down to her toes. She was dressed, like actually putting effort unlike the other times he's seen her.

His eyes remained on her while his friends talked. He couldn't hear them until Chloe held his arm
" Jayden, are you listening?" She asked looking concerned. Jayden looked at her.
" I'll be back" he said and walked away from them.

..

Kayla was still standing in the midst of people. Her feet were beginning to hurt. She wanted nothing more than to kick these heels off. She wanted to go but wasn't sure it was proper for her to leave when the so called welcome party wasn't over yet.

And just then she felt someone wear her a jacket from behind, leaving it to sit on her shoulders. She stiffened and quickly turned around but saw that everyone was minding their own business. She held the jacket closer to her body so it wouldn't fall off.

She looked around worriedly. She was thankful to whoever it was . The person must have noticed that she was cold, but then it scared her because she had no idea who it was. She didn't know anyone here, yet they noticed her.
' Who could it be?' she asked herself.

When the party was over and everyone had started leaving. Kayla waited for a while to see if anyone would come to her to take the jacket but no one did. She didn't want to be the last to leave so she finally left.

She went to her dorm still wondering who it could be. She walked into her room and locked the door. She took off her clothes and wore her set of pyjamas. She sat on the chair and held the jacket starring at it. The jacket looked very expensive. She sighed and placed the jacket on the table after folding it.

She fell asleep while seated in the chair and rested her head on the jacket.

* * * *

    The next day was a Saturday and Kayla happened to have no classes. She woke up at 10:45am. She looked at the jacket and smiled. She liked the way it  smelt.

" The owner must smell really good" she said and held the jacket to her nose. Nice, she thought. Although she didn't know who the jacket belonged to, she liked the smell and appreciated the person's kindness. She decided to wash it.

It was now 1: 23pm. She hadn't even taken her bath as she felt lazy . She  then took her bath and as she walked back into her room, her phone started ringing on the table. She picked it up and accepted the call. It was Stella.

" Hello" she said
" Kayla, are you joining us for lunch?" Stella's voice asked.
" Um yeah. I'll join you in a few minutes" Kayla replied and they ended the call.

She wore a t-shirt. It wasn't baggy or tight either and then she wore Jean pants. Also not skinny. She looked at herself in the mirror. She wanted to leave her hair down as it made her really beautiful.
" What's up with you. Who are you trying to look pretty for?" She scolded herself patting her face lightly.

She put her hair in a ponytail and wore Snickers. She carried a cross shoulder bag, putting in her phone. Keys and some money. She then applied a light pink shade lipstick on her lips and smiled.

She went to the cafeteria in a hurry. Getting there, she saw Stella and Max and she hurried to them, drawing out a chair and sat.
" Hey guys" Kayla said smiling
" Hi Kayla. You look... Very beautiful" Max complimented making Kayla's smile widen.
" Thanks Max" she said and settled in.

" So... Where's Riya?" Kayla asked.
" Oh. She has some stuff to do, so she couldn't join us" Stella answered and Kayla nodded.
" I'll go get my food now" Kayla said as she got up. She walked to the food counter. Bought a plate of noodles and a can of orange juice. She carried them on a tray and headed back to her seat.

She didn't notice Jayden and his group who were seated at their table. Kayla walked back to her friends and sat. Soon they started eating. They talked and laughed at small jokes.

..

     Jayden with his back rested on his chair, he kept his gaze on Kayla who was busy eating and talking with her friends and laughing once in a while.
' Why the hell do I feel this way towards her?' Jayden thought to himself as his eyes trailed down to her neck and stopped there. He swallowed down his own breath.

' Was he lusting over her right now?' He asked himself still unable to take his eyes away from her. He was so lost that he didn't notice his friends had stopped talking and had been watching him. They had even traced his eyes to Kayla.

Jayden gulped down as he watched every movement Kayla made.
Max had also noticed that Jayden had been starring to their direction and that his eyes were on Kayla.

Max cleared his throat to alert Kayla and Stella . They both looked at him and he used his eyes in gesturing towards Jayden's direction. Stella looked and saw that Jayden was focused on Kayla then she quickly looked away.

" Oh oh" Stella whispered. Kayla decided to see what got Max and Stella looking worried. She slowly turned and her eyes met with Jayden's eyes. She immediately turned back to her food eating in a hurry.

Please vote & Comment 💙