The burger

Kayla felt embarrassed. She was still afraid of Jayden but she trusted that he wouldn't hurt her, he told her that himself. She looked up at him. She didn't know how to say it.
" I changed my mind" Kayla said. Jayden wasn't satisfied with that.
" Changed your mind about what?" He asked.

Kayla frowned at him
" You know what I'm talking about" she grumbled not letting go of his arm as she looked around scared.
" No. I don't" Jayden said.
' I didn't know such a guy could be so petty ' Kayla thought to herself.

" Please... Walk.... Walk ..me..... to my dorm" Kayla said unable to look at his face.
Jayden smiled and when Kayla looked at his face. He immediately got rid of the smile so she wouldn't see it.
" Okay" he said.
" Lead the way" he added but Kayla still held onto his arm.

Kayla thought it was creepy for everyone to suddenly go to their rooms so early. It brought back her dream to her mind, making her even more frightened. Thinking about the dream, her grip on Jayden began to tighten as she inched closer to him.

Jayden watched her, seeing how scared she was. She looked around, her eyes searching the dark corners. He placed his hand over hers that was on his arm
" Hey. You're fine. Nothing's there" he whispered to her in a soothing tone. He didn't like the fact that she was so afraid.

Kayla looked at his face.
" I'll walk you to your dorm now" he said and started moving. Kayla walked side by side with him still not letting go of him. She looked backward.
" If you don't stop looking around like that, I'll leave you" Jayden said still walking, not looking at Kayla.

She looked at his face. His side profile looked really good
' How could God bless such a wicked person with these looks'  She thought.

They finally got to the front of Kayla's dorm. She let go of his arm and stood in front of him.
" Bye. Thanks for walking me here" She said but to her utmost shock. Jayden walked past her heading into the dorm.

' What? What is he doing now?' she thought and quickly hurried after him, holding him to a stop.
" What are you doing?" She asked, her eyes wide with fear. She didn't want to get punished for bringing a boy into the dorm, especially that it was Jayden. Not only will the school punish her but every one would have a new topic to gossip about.

Also, majority of the girls would hate her. Jayden ignored her and walked into the dorm. Kayla ran after him again.

     Jayden got to Kayla's room door and held the door handle. Kayla got to him breathing heavily.
" Can't you walk slowly?" Kayla asked panting. Jayden looked at her and she straightened her back frowning at him.
" I won't open the door, so don't even bother" she said.

Jayden looked at the door, he laughs softly then walked to her front, stopping only inches away. She looked up at him.
" You won't?" He asked leaning closer, Kayla stepped back, but he still followed her. The fear Kayla had for him returned quickly. He wouldn't stop coming closer so she kept moving back.

Suddenly his hand wrapped around her waist stopping her from moving away. They stared into each other's eyes.
" You don't have to" Jayden said then walked back to the door. Kayla stood watching him, preparing herself to laugh  because the door was locked and the key was with her.

Jayden held the door handle and opened the door. Kayla's mouth fell open. He flashed her a smile and walked into the room. Kayla quickly searched for her key and it was still with her.
' But i locked the door' She thought ' Maybe I thought I locked it' she told herself, then hurried into the room and closed the door behind her.

She placed the packaged food, her phone and key on the table, then turned to Jayden who was looking at a picture of her that was hung on the wall. In the picture, she was wearing a skinny dress that hugged all of her curves, her hair let down in waves.

Kayla hurried to Jayden and stood in front of him blocking his eyes from the picture.
" You shouldn't be here, I already thanked you for your help. What more do you want?" Kayla asked stressed.
" You" Jayden replied with no readable expression on his face.

Kayla was rendered speechless, did she miss-hear that? She couldn't tell if he was being serious or not. What did he even mean by that?
" Please, I didn't wrong you in any way.. so...." Kayla was saying but Jayden interrupted
" Wrong? You've offended me so many times" Jayden said.

Kayla froze. Was he planning on punishing her now?
" Ummm. I.. um I..."She tried to speak and just then, her stomach grumbled out loud.
Yep, she was hungry. She looked at him feeling embarrassed as she placed her hand on her stomach.

" You should eat now" he said. And walked to the table, he picked up the food bringing them out while Kayla just stood watching him. Her eyes trailed down from his face to his biceps. His muscles flexed as he arranged the food on the table.

    Jayden looked at her, she was still busy admiring him. He smiled and walked to her
" I know I'm irresistible but you should feed your little stomach first" Jayden whispered smirking.
Kayla snapped out of her daze at his words. She couldn't believe she had been caught red-handed. She dropped her gaze

Jayden held her by the wrist and led her to the chair. He pulled it out for her and she sat.
" Go ahead and eat"He said standing by her side. Kayla picked up the burger starring at it. She felt shy under his stare.
" Can you leave?" She asked politely.

Jayden ignored and sat on the bed. That action alone told Kayla he wouldn't be leaving anytime soon. She then slowly took a bite from the burger and raised her face to look at Jayden who was already starring at her with so much concentration. She stretched the burger towards him.

" Would you eat?" She asked. He stared at the burger in hesitation then looked back at her. He didn't want to reject since she offered it herself. He leaned forward opening his mouth a little, only for Kayla to take her hands back.

" I was giving it to you to eat yourself" Kayla said feeling awkward. Jayden folded his arms over his chest
" As you can see, my hands are not free right now" He said with a smirk.
' He's so unbelievable' Kayla thought and frowned as she took another bite from the burger.

" You don't want to eat then" She said and continued eating. Jayden frowned. She had already offered it to him. Although he hated burgers or should I say FOOD , he felt the need to eat it off her hands. This was a weird feeling to him.

He held the arm of the chair she was seated on and pulled the chair to himself making her very close him now. Kayla paused, dumbstruck. She never expected this. She held the burger in front of her chest as she stared at his face.

You guys are about to find out something 😂

Please vote & comment ❤️