342 . Decades?

Kayla was silent.
How could an actual vampire love her? And then he wanted her to love him back. She was glad that he wasn't trying to hide it from her.

" This school is owned by vampires as well. There are alot of other Vampires in the school too" he said. Now Kayla could understand why the school never did anything about the damage the dreaded four caused.

" I'm a prince, going to be king soon, once I'm done with school" Jayden said surprising Kayla.
A prince?
Kayla looked him in the eyes and then straightened her back
" How old are you?" She asked calmly. Jayden smiled. He liked the fact that she was asking questions and not running away from him.

"342" he said simply making her eyes widen. " Decades?" She asked and Jayden actually laughed. " No. Years" he corrected. Her mouth opened in shock making him Chuckle.

Kayla could not believe what was happening. Was this even real? Was he playing a prank on her? How could this even be real. Perhaps she was dreaming.
" Why are you in school then?" She asked.

Jayden inhaled
" I will be taking over the throne. So I'm required to graduate first before taking the throne. All this while we don't really bother going to school because we don't really need it, but the king needs to experience life with humans. So since I'll be king, hence I'm here" he explained. Kayla said nothing else.

" Are you scared of me?" He asked
" A little" Kayla admitted. Jayden smiled, he felt an unexplainable type of joy at her honesty.
" Kayla. Any human that finds out about vampires will be killed" he said all of a sudden.

Kayla tensed up.
" But I'm telling you this because I want to protect you. Usually, I'll be able to make you forget but I can't Kayla. I can't read your thoughts or compelle you because I have fallen in love with you. You don't have to be scared of anything. No one can hurt you. I'll protect you, I promise" he said sincerely and took her hands in his.

He explained everything to her and yes she was scared but she didn't hate him. Has her love for him made her such a fool that she doesn't even mind him being a vampire? She thought.
" Should I be worried that you'll drink my blood?" Kayla asked.
" Well... No. Your blood is very tempting but I won't drink from you except you approve" he assured her.

He also let her know he couldn't eat solid food and..
" You ate my burger" she argued
" I had to go throw up. I left immediately if you remember" he reminded her and she nodded in realization.
" I trust you'll keep this to yourself?" He asked
" I promise" she said

After a short moment of silence. Kayla spoke again.
" Please don't hurt Max" she pleaded causing Jayden to frown. He hated when she talked about the human boy.
" I get jealous when you're around him" He said seriously.
" Does that mean you're not confident in yourself?" Kayla teased.

He looked her straight in the eyes.
" If you want me to be confident. Tell me you'll be mine. Then I'll feel less threatened when he's with you" Jayden replied leaning closer to her. Kayla could not help but smile at how possessive he was. This almightily handsome vampire wanted her. She couldn't make it that easy for him.

" I still need time. This is new information" Kayla said looking away from him shyly.
" I don't want to go yet" Jayden said and Kayla thought it was cute. However, she didn't let him stay. He left but felt glad and relieved. He had finally told her and she didn't reject him. That was all he wanted.

* * * *

   A few days Later. Kayla and Jayden only met few time. She seemed happier. She had not yet accepted to be his girlfriend.

Kayla was walking towards the lecture hall when Chloe stopped her. The witch. Kayla was scared of Chloe but honestly her fear had increased now that she knew Chloe was a vampire. Kayla gulped.
" Hi" Chloe said with a fake smile on her face and Kayla knew it was fake. She wondered if she knew Jayden had told her they were Vampires.

" I'll be late for lectures in a few minutes. I should go now" Kayla said trying to leave.
" I wouldn't take your time, don't worry" Chloe said and Kayla looked back at her.
" Fine. Hurry up" Kayla said. Chloe moved closer to her
" You know that Jayden doesn't give two fucks about you right?" She asked, her smile was long gone.

Kayla could tell that Chloe was jealous. She didn't reply.
" I just came to tell you to be careful with the decisions you make. You seem innocent but I think you're smart. I hope you wouldn't be foolish enough to continue hanging out with Jayden" She threatened trying to intimidate Kayla.

Kayla couldn't believe Chloe was so shameless
" Let me get this right. You came here to tell me to stay away from Jayden.... Because you like him and want him for yourself" Kayla said, summoning her bravest look and Chloe frowned. She looked both angry and slightly embarrassed.
" Don't try to act smart idiot" Chloe said angrily.
" Didn't you just say I was smart. Look, if you have nothing else to say. I'll like to leave. Maybe you could tell him to stop coming to me instead of coming to talk to me about it" Kayla said and walked away.

Chloe didn't believe that Kayla would talk back at her in such manner. She had thought Kayla was weak and will be scared of her but she was wrong , she would have to do more than just talking.

......

    That day after lectures. Jayden stood outside Kayla's lecture hall waiting for her. He couldn't wait to be with her. To see her and maybe hold her. He caught sight of Kayla and Max who walked out of the hall talking and he watched. He felt jealousy mixed with anger even though Kayla told him not to be jealous. He couldn't help it.

Please.... Vote and comment ❤️