The gym

Kayla got to her dorm panting.  After all that race, he was right. There was no watch guard all the way but she quickly pushed it out of her mind not wanting to think of him. She didn't want to appreciate him, he wasn't actually helping her. Just trying to play her. She went to her bed and fell asleep.

* * *

Waking up the next morning, she received a text and to her shock it was Max. She read it

Hey Kayla, I just want you to know I'm still your friend. I'm not afraid of those bastards. So come out. Let's hang out.

After reading it, she found herself smiling. She actually felt happy even though she knew Max was scared of them. What he actually meant was, he hated them and didn't really care about them. She texted back

I'll be out in few minutes

She quickly took her bath and dressed up. She came out of the dorm and saw Max standing a few feets away from the dorm. She hurried to him with a wide smile. Yes he was a boy and she wasn't comfortable but he was her friend and the only one ready to stand by her obviously.

It made her think he could turn out to be her male bestie, just like in movies.' Now where did that thought come from?' she asked herself as she got to him. He stared at her also smiling.

It was a bit sunny. Max was on a singlet, shorts and sneakers. He looked her up and down.
" Good morning" he greeted and she replied.
" I was going to the gym to loose some fat" he said with a small laugh before continuing.
" Wanna come?" He asked hoping she'll accept.

" There's a gym in the school?" Kayla asked surprised and Max nodded. She did see something like that in the school map but she didn't bother about it.
" There's alot of cool stuff in the school you probably haven't seen yet. So..  you're coming?" Max asked again and Kayla nodded in excitement.

" Not in those tho" Max said looking down at Kayla's jeans making her blush.
" Okay. Give me a little second" she said and jogged back into the dorm and to her room to change. She changed into slightly baggy sweat pants and a small cropped top, but wore a bigger shirt on it.

She put her hair in a ponytail and wore white sneakers. Once she was done, she hurried back to Max and they both headed to the gym together. She had never been to the gym before but she was excited to go.

     They got to the gym and enters a long passage. Boys and girls walked back and forth. Majority of the boys were shirtless. The girls were especially exposing their stomach and portions of breasts, wearing tight leggings or just shorts. Both Kayla and Max entered the main gym which was filled with alot if large equipments.

Kayla stood in awe and Max just smiled at her reaction. Getting further into the gym. Kayla looked to her right. She saw a group of girls, about eight of them if not more. Not all of them were dressed in work out outfits. They stood starring at a particular direction as they squirled with excitement, smiling and giggling amongst themselves.

Looking to the direction they were all staring at. She could see the back of a boy who was shirtless and on combat trousers. He was weight lifting, and Kayla could see that he was barely using any strength. She could only see his back. She watched his muscles as they flexed with every movement he made.

His back glistened because of the sweat. She really couldn't blame the girls, even her thought the sight was amazing, until Max spoke.
" That's Jayden" he said, low enough for only Kayla to hear. She looked at Max. Honestly, she already had her suspicion. She looked away from Jayden without saying anything and faced Max completely.

" What do you wanna do?" He asked with a smile
" Raise weights"she answered smiling which caused Max to laugh a little.
" You sure?" He asked and she nodded.

     On the other hand, Jayden was tensing up. He had sensed Kayla's presence but ignored it, thinking it was just him thinking about her and wanting to be with her. But his muscles were tensed, he could bet he smelt her around even though she couldn't be here.

However he couldn't ignore it anymore and decided to turn around still holding the weight lift. It didn't take him long to spot her. She was right there with some other guy who wasn't him. The sight immediately stimulating anger in him, he could feel his blood boil.

Kayla and Max were focused on what they were doing. Her back was against Max's front, she stood in-between his arms as he assisted her in lifting the weight, and Kayla was all smiles. Their position looked intimate and anyone would think they were a couple.

Jayden's anger increased by the second. He could not watch her being so close with anyone else. He dropped his weight lift in the ground and it landed loudly drawing everyone's attention to him. The girls jumped frightened as they stepped back away from him.

Kayla flinched between Max's arms and Max dropped the weight lift, now holding her like he was ready to protect her if anything bad happened. They all stared at Jayden, and just looking at him, anyone who's not stupid could tell that this wasn't a good day for him.

Kayla's eyes met with him but she immediately looked away and faced Max looking up at him.
" Can we get away from here?" She asked pleading with her eyes . Max smiled at her softly.

Jayden seeing how close they were was beginning to loose control of himself, his eyes darkening. Everyone started leaving the gym one after the other knowing that Jayden's mood had gone sour. But they didn't understand what suddenly happened.

Max took Kayla by her hand and walked out with her. Kayla thought the boys in the school were useless. They probably claimed to be strong, yet they feared just one Jayden, even with all their muscles.

Once everyone had left the gym, Jayden slowly closed his eyes trying to calm himself.

    She should be with him and only him, he should be the only one to touch her, not some human boy. Worse part was, she looked happy with him. Wait, what was his problem? Was he jealous? No way, he wasn't accepting what he felt for her. She was just a weak human.

He finally opened his eyes again. And they had turned red.

Okay okay okay .
1. We now know who the second male lead is.
2. The real shit in this story is about to begin.
3. Is this novel tittled possession prince? Yes it is. And you're about to see it.

I love and appreciate y'all reading this, honestly.

Don't forget to vote & comment