He wanted her

Reality dawned on Kayla. She stood molded to the ground.
' Wait, he was the one who gave me his jacket? But why? Was he watching me at the party?' Kayla thought. She could have never imagined that it would be Jayden. Like, what did he help her for? Why would it be him?

She remembered she liked the smell of the jacket. She could currently smell him and it was same as the jacket. Lovely.

She hit her head with her palm feeling stupid.
"It's really you?" Kayla asked again looking up at him, only for him to narrow his eyebrow
' Was she expecting someone else?'  He thought to himself.

Kayla had fantasized about whoever owned the jacket only for it to be Jayden. The leader of the dreaded four. Yes he was handsome and all ..  but..... He was just not the type of guy she saw herself with.

Jayden knew she was confused so he remained standing in front of her being patient. Wait. Patient? When did he develope the ability to be patient?
" My jacket? " He spoke and Kayla  raised her eyes to him again. She hurried to her closet and brought out the jacket when she had folded perfectly. She walked back to him handing it to him

" Here" she said. Instead of taking the jacket. Jayden just stood looking at it.
" I washed it and treated it very well. Don't worry" Kayla said noticing Jayden's hesitation.
" Why?" He asked now looking at her face.
" Well.... I thought it was the right thing to do since.. since whoever it was... Was nice enough to give it to me" she stammered and dropped her gaze.

Jayden tilted his head to the side as he stared at her. He took the jacket from her and threw it on his shoulder. He walked past her to the door. Opened it and walked out without another word.

    Immediately Kayla was sure he had walked far she started running around in circles clutching her hair with her hands in frustration. She stood breathing heavily as her hair was now scattered all over. Some falling into her face. She sat on the bed.

" How the hell did he get in here? Why is he the owner of the jacket?" She complained and then laid down on her back staring at the ceiling.
She couldn't tell this to her friends. Although she knew she wouldn't be a good friend by keeping this from them but she also knew they'd distance themselves from her if they found out. She was being selfish  but she didn't want to loose her friends.

..
    Jayden walked into his room with the jacket. He threw it on the bed and sat down. He rubbed his face with his palms slightly frustrated. He looked at the jacket and then picked it up.

He could smell the jacket and it now had HER smell on it. He still didn't know her name. She had washed the jacket with same soap she used for hers and kept it together with her clothes and now it only had her smell on it.

Jayden brought the jacket up to his nose. He kept it there for a good amount of seconds with his eyes closed as he breathed in the smell. He then slowly lowered the jacket from his nose as he opened his eyes. His eyeballs had turned red. He wanted her.

* * * *

    Kayla walking in the woods alone at night. How she got there, she had no idea. She could hear creepy sounds. All of a sudden she started running. She saw her mom standing at a distance with her arms wide open..
" Kayla..." Her mom called sorrowfully.

Kayla increased her speed, but as she got closer. The person she had thought to be her mom had no eyes.. the face was terribly wrinkled and cracked. The mouth was rotten. She immediately stopped

" Kayla...." The scary creature called again and Kayla screamed.

.

Kayla screamed waking up from her sleep as she sat up. She was visibly sweating.
' What sort of dream was that?'  She thought. She has had  nightmares before but this one was really terrifying. She looked around.

It was morning already. She stepped down from the bed and opened the curtains of her window allowing the light to shine into the room. Kayla rubbed her eyes with her hands and walked back to her bed . She sat down and picked up her phone then texted her mom

  Mom, hope you and everyone at home are alright

    Kayla was worried. Her guts told her the dream had nothing to do with her mom but she had seen her mom's face in it so she wanted to make sure. She waited for a while but there was no reply. Probably her mom had not seen the text. She decided to text again.

     Please mom, when you receive my text. Please text me back.

  Just then Stella started calling. She accepted the call and put the phone by her ear.
" Stella?" Kayla said.
" Good morning...." Stella screamed excitedly
" Why are you so excited this early in the morning?" Kayla asked.
" Well... Guess" Stella said sounding very happy.

" Umm Stella.. I really can't think of anything right now" Kayla said honestly.
" You're so boring, ugh. Well... I'll tell you. So... I met this guy...  And he asked me out tonight" she said jubilating.
" Oh that's nice. You must really like him, but why at night tho?" Kayla asked. She just didn't like nights.

" Are you really that dumb? It's a date duh" Stella said. Kayla felt worried. Wondering if this was related to her dream . However she didn't want to spoil Stella's mood.
" Alright then. So....." Kayla was saying.
" I called to let you know. I won't be joining you for breakfast. I and Riya are going to settle some stuff today before my date. But don't worry. Max is still available" Stella said.

Kayla felt sad. She wanted to ask why she wasn't included in whatever they were going to do but she decided not to ask. Beside, she's only been their friend for about three weeks. They had been friends long before she even came. She shouldn't be greedy.

" Alright then Stella. But be careful and take care okay?" Kayla said sincerely.
" Aww... You're so sweet. Thanks. I will. You be careful too okay? And don't get into trouble" Stella said.
" I won't" Kayla replied and they ended the call. Kayla dropped the phone and started preparing for her day

Please vote and Comment 💙