Chapter 28

November 17th 2023

Jade POV

Perrie just discharged from the hospital and now were about to go home. Maybe I'm a little bit over reacting because she has been complaining of how I'm basically cradling her but I don't care. She needs rest so I'm not letting her do anything today.

I help Perrie get into my car before walking to the other side to get inside myself. As I got inside the car my phone rang and saw that it was Leigh.

"Hello,"

"Hey where are you right now?" She sounded anxious.

"I'm at the hospital just about to drive Perrie home why? Are you okay? You sound different,"

"I don't know how to tell you this but it's dad," she sniffed. okay now I'm worried

"Dad? What do mean it's dad?"

Perrie looked at me worriedly asking what is wrong with her face but i just shrugged telling her that I have no idea.

"He got a heart attack again Jade. He was washing his car on the porch. Thankfully the neighbor saw him and took him to the hospital because he was alone at home,"

"What?! Let me guess, mom wasn't home?"

"Uh yeah," she sighed.

"But is dad okay?"

"He said he'll be home this afternoon,"

"Okay I'm on my way.I'll just have to drop Perrie off at Andre's first then I'll pick you up. I'll see you in a bit,"

Then I hang up

"Don't drop me off at Andre's. Let me come with you,"

"Perrie, you know how much I want to introduce you to my family and I would bring you with me right now but you need as much rest as you can get,"

"Jade for the hundredth time, i'm fine now. Your dad is sick and I know he's like a hero to you so we gotta go right now. I can sleep in the car but let's go pick up Leigh and just see your dad,"

I sighed "fine, but you're resting in my old room when we get there," I said before driving off.

Soon as I arrived I parked my car on the driveway. "You go ahead Leigh, I got to talk Perrie first,"

"Perrie, baby, I'm thrilled that you get to see my family but I have to be honest with you. I'm scared. Not because of my dad but because you're going to meet a woman that happens to be my mother. I don't know if I have mentioned it before but I don't get along with my mother. Let's just say we drifted apart. She uhm... she almost left my dad because of some rich guy back when we were poor, then there were that one time where my dad got a heart attack while she was busy shopping using the money that I sent for both of them and got to the hospital late in the evening saying that she just heard about my dad which after today happened twice, then my brother got hit by a car one day and again came late. Yes she said she was sorry but I just don't believe it you know," I paused a bit

"Look i'm not saying all this to make her look bad to you, no. I'm saying this to warn you, every time we're in the same room we often got into an argument. Nothing I do was was good enough for her, I still care about her i guess, but just heads up okay, don't be shocked and please calm me down if I went to far," I said looking into her eyes.

"Baby, I'm sorry that happened you but you don't need to explain yourself to me, I know you have a hard past and that's okay, I totally understand. Thank you for sharing this with me, I know it's hard for you to open up. Can I give you some advice?" She asked carefully knowing this is a sensitive subject for me.