Evara

Give me your attention now! If you are reading this book and you are obsessed with the characters don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean so much to me. I wanna know your reactions on every chapter! Follow me on my Instagram @browngirlwattpad for updates and DM me your views on this story. It would make me really happy 🩷

Seated at my desk, I'm surrounded by the usual chaos of a bustling day in the office. Sarah's lively recounting of a wedding disaster fills the room, drawing laughter from the rest of the team. Rahul's quick wit adds to the jovial atmosphere, and I find myself caught up in the humor of the moment.

Sarah recounts the wedding disaster that happened a few weeks before I came along , I can't help but cringe and chuckle at the same time. "Wait, wait, rewind," I interject, trying to contain my amusement. "So you're telling me the cake collapsed right as they were about to cut it?"

Sarah nods, her expression a mix of disbelief and amusement. "Yes! And then, to make matters worse, the bride's dress got caught on something and ripped right down the middle!"

Rahul lets out a loud guffaw. "Classic!"

Will shakes his head, a grin spreading across his face. "Well, at least it wasn't our fault this time."

We all erupt into laughter, the absurdity of the situation washing over us like a wave of relief. But even as we joke and tease, I can't shake the thought of my impending client meeting.

Amidst the laughter and banter, I glance around our office space, the cluttered desks and colorful mood boards a testament to the chaos and creativity that define our work. It's moments like these, that remind me why I love what I do.

I steal a glance at the clock, realizing my client meeting is fast approaching. "Hey guys," I interject, "as much as I'd love to stay and laugh all day, I've got a client meeting. Catch you later!" With a smile, gather my things and head out, leaving behind the cheerful chaos of our office.

******

Chillin' in the lobby of Hira Luxe Manor, gearing up for this meeting with Mr. Carson and his fiancée, Ms.Davis. They're tying the knot in a month, and I've got a hunch this sit-down is like an interview, testing our wedding planning chops. These two are dripping with cash, so it's a given they're after the crème de la crème.

Bagging this gig could skyrocket our company into the big leagues. I'm talking major bragging rights in the world of wedding planners. Plus, it'd mean more big, fat weddings landing on our books. Cha-ching!

So, I'm in the elevator, mentally prepping my A-game. But just my luck, the damn thing decides to take a timeout between floors. Stuck in limbo, I'm all cool on the outside, but inside, I'm freaking out a bit. Gotta keep it together though. No glitches gonna mess up my chance to wow these clients and seal the deal!

And to top it off, I've only got like 5 minutes left to be on time. I sure as heck don't wanna be late to this thing!

After being stuck in that friggin' elevator for what felt like an eternity, it finally decides to get its act together and start moving again. I step out, feeling like I've just escaped Tihar Jail. Seriously, that thing needs a serious upgrade.

Now I'm standing in front of this office thing, looking around like a lost puppy. Time's ticking, and I've already wasted a good ten minutes in that metal coffin. Shit. This isn't how I wanted to start the meeting.

But hey, no time to dwell on it. I've got to hustle and make up for lost time. With a quick shake of my head to clear out the elevator trauma, I march forward, ready to charm the pants off these clients and salvage this meeting. Here goes nothing!