Alec

Give me your attention now! If you are reading this book and you are obsessed with the characters don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean so much to me. I wanna know your reactions on every chapter! Follow me on my Instagram @browngirlwattpad for updates and DM me your views on this story. It would make me really happy 🩷

As Evara strides out, her hips swaying in that damn saree, my eyes devouring her every move, I can't tear my eyes away. Every step she takes sends a jolt of electricity straight to my dick, making it pulse and throb with a desperate need. I watch her go, the way her hair cascades down her back, the curve of her ass disappearing into the darkness of the club.

The urge to grab her, to bend her over that damn desk and fuck her senseless until she's screaming my name to a point where she can't fucking breathe and begging for mercy, is like a wildfire threatening to consume everything in its path. The only reason I'm holding back is because I don't want to scare her away.  That's the last thing I want.

She's like a goddamn siren, tempting me with every move she makes. And as she vanishes into the throng of people, I'm left standing here, my cock straining against the fabric of my pants, begging for release. Aching for her in a way that's almost unbearable. But I know I have to be patient. I have to wait for the right moment to make my move.

I'll be damned if I let her slip away. No, I'll bide my time, play this push and pull game that she loves, until I can have her exactly the way I want her. And, when that time comes, I'll make damn sure she screams my name so loud the whole damn city hears it.

I'll make sure she knows just how much I want her. Until then, I'll just have to settle for the image of her walking away, etched into my mind like a goddamn tattoo.

My breath hitches, and I have to clench my fists to keep from reaching out and pulling her back to me. It's like trying to hold back a goddamn tsunami, but I know I have to keep it together.

As my mind races with wild thoughts, my attention is suddenly drawn to the silver crystal butterfly hairclip in my hand. The delicate outline of the wings is adorned with sparkling rhinestones adding a touch of glamour to the accessory, while the inside features crystal-like detailing that catches the light with every movement. It's a sharp contrast to the tension coursing through my clenched fists. Her hairclip. Just a small trinket, but it feels weighty in my palm.

What's with this girl and butterflies? It's not the first time I've noticed her obsession with them. They're everywhere, from the pendant of her necklace to the couch cushion in her apartment.

As much as I enjoyed watching her walk around in that sexy backless blouse, I couldn't stand the way every other guy in the room was practically drooling over her. It made my blood boil, I wanted to pound their faces in for daring to look at her like that. Beat them all to a pulp until I saw red. But I couldn't risk ruining Noah's damn engagement party, could I?

So I did the only thing I could think of. After helping her with the hook of her blouse, I reached up and removed the tiny hair clip holding her silky smooth hair in place. Watching the long hair cascaded down her back, covering the bare skin that had been drawing so much attention, I couldn't help but feel a twisted sense of satisfaction. It was a new feeling for me, this newfound possessiveness, but damn if it wasn't driving me crazy.

Clipping the hairclip onto the lapel of my tux, I can't help but smile at the memory of her reaction to my touch. The way she scurried away, as if her ass was on fire—technically, it kind of was.

It surprises me how she manages to put this stupid grin on my face, she has a way of softening me up, making me feel things I thought I was immune to. She doesn't even have to do anything special—  she manages to stir up chaos in my life just by existing. With a shake of my head, I'm heading out to join the party.