Alec

Give me your attention now! If you are reading this book and you are obsessed with the characters don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean so much to me. I wanna know your reactions on every chapter! Follow me on my Instagram @browngirlwattpad for updates and DM me your views on this story. It would make me really happy 🩷

I wake up to the sound of commotion outside my bedroom door. Groaning, I bury my head deeper into the pillow, trying to block out the noise. Insomnia may be a constant companion, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a few precious moments of peace in the morning. Unfortunately, it seems like that's too much to ask for today.

Before I can even muster up the energy to open my eyes, my brothers and cousin burst into the room, their voices echoing off the walls. Noah's the first one to approach, yanking the blanket off me with a grin plastered on his face.

"Wake up, Alec! You've got business to take care of," he announces, his enthusiasm grating on my nerves.

As if that's not enough, Nick chimes in, declaring, "Ooo, this stuff is good!" I crack open one eye to see him helping himself to my coffee. Typical.

Jack asks, "What stuff?"

Nick responds with a smirk, "Coffee. I'm stealing it, Alec!" He practically yells it, making sure I can't ignore him.

With a heavy sigh, I push myself out of bed and trudge towards the kitchen, ignoring the chaos behind me. Snatching the coffee mug from Nick's grasp, I take a long sip, feeling the caffeine work its magic as it courses through my veins. If I'm going to deal with these fuckers, I'm going to need all the help I can get.

I glare at my brothers and cousin as I take another sip of coffee, feeling its warmth spreading through me like a lifeline. "Do you guys have any explanation for barging in here this early in the morning, or you all just woke up and decided it's 'Ruin Alec's Day' day?"

Nick snorts, "Hey, it's not our fault you're so easy to mess with," he quips, a smirk playing on his lips.

I roll my eyes, resisting the urge to chuck my mug at his head. "Funny, Nick. Real funny," I mutter, shaking my head in exasperation. "Just tell me why you're all here before I kick you out."

Jack continues, his expression remaining neutral as ever. "Noah needs our help."

"What kind?" I ask, wary of what might be coming next.

Noah interjects before Jack can respond, "Don't worry, Alec. I'm not setting you up with another date with one of Tiana's friends," he says with a smirk.

I roll my eyes. Noah's attempts at playing matchmaker and finding blind dates for me has become a running joke among us. But I have no interest in being part of his latest scheme of finding "the one" bullshit. I don't need his help in the dating department. I'm doing just fine on my own.

I've always been one for casual one-night stands, never sticking around for more than a night. Why bother with attachments or commitments when I can have fun without the hassle? Sure, some of them are good fucks, but I never go back for seconds. It's just not worth the effort of explaining myself and risking getting tangled up in someone else's expectations.

Noah may mean well, but his attempts to play matchmaker for me are futile. I'm perfectly content playing it safe and doing things my way. Commitments and attachments are the last thing I need right now.

"Bummer," Nick says, his tone light but tinged with disappointment. "I was expecting some hot date for you, Alec. Maybe then you'll get laid and tone down your extra grumpy mood lately. Seriously, you've been making people cry left and right," he teases, nudging me with his elbow.