Alec

Give me your attention now! If you are reading this book and you are obsessed with the characters don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean so much to me. I wanna know your reactions on every chapter! Follow me on my Instagram @browngirlwattpad for updates and DM me your views on this story. It would make me really happy 🩷

She's here. I can see her from across the street, wearing those damn jeans. But it's not the jeans that catch my attention; it's the top she's wearing. Something about it makes my gaze zero in on her neck. There it is, that tiny silver butterfly pendant dangling from her neck. She never takes it off, I'm sure of it. I saw it the other day, just like I saw it that night months ago.

I curse inwardly, hating how every detail about her seems to be etched into my brain. It's like I can't escape her, no matter how hard I try. And now she's walking towards me, a casual smile on her lips like she doesn't have a care in the world. If only she knew the effect she has on me.

******

She just yelled she's in jeans to Dante, and I can't help but raise an eyebrow at her antics. Why did she feel the need to announce that? But then she explains, and it all clicks into place. Of course, she remembers The Vein and the bouncer from last time. Everything about that night except for me.

I push that thought aside and focus on the task at hand. "We only have one day to plan and execute everything for the engagement party" I remind her, the urgency clear in my tone. "The club chefs are here, and you can finalize the menu."

"Perfect!" she chirps, her enthusiasm infectious. "I'm gonna start right this second."

I nod in approval, impressed by her quick response. "Sounds like a plan," I agree, watching as she dives into her tasks with unwavering focus. "Let me know if you need anything."

And just like that, she's off, diving headfirst into her work and I watch her go. She's bossy, that's for sure, but damn if she doesn't get things done. And as I sit here in one of the booths, watching her move and bark orders, she flashes me a bright smile before disappearing into the fray.

A voice pulls me out of my thoughts. "You've been staring at her for 5 minutes straight now," Jack says, amusement evident in his tone.

I tear my gaze away from her to focus on Jack. "What are you doing here?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

Jack shrugs casually. "Just making sure the security system is in good condition for the party," he replies. "What are 𝘺𝘰𝘶 doing here? Why aren't you at the hospital?"

I sigh, feeling a twinge of annoyance at his question. "Went for rounds, No patients coming in," I explain. "No surgeries today, so I'm here."

Jack shoots a teasing glance at Evara. "You sure that's the only reason?" he quips, a smirk playing on his lips.

I glare at him, not in the mood for his teasing. "Shut it," I retort, turning my attention back to her.

"You think she'll be out of your system once you get what you want?" he asks, his tone calm.

I shift uncomfortably, my mind racing with conflicting thoughts. "I don't know," I admit quietly, feeling a pang of uncertainty deep in my chest.

Nick appears out of nowhere, his presence catching me off guard. "Why do you guys never tell me we're having bro-dates?" he exclaims dramatically, a mock hurt expression on his face. "You both break my heart", dramatically clutching his chest, "Irony, one of you is supposed to fix hearts."

Jack and I can't help but chuckle at his theatrical entrance, despite my earlier irritation. It's a rare occurrence, they're the only ones who can coax a smile out of me, even if it's a small one.