Alec

Give me your attention now! If you are reading this book and you are obsessed with the characters don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean so much to me. I wanna know your reactions on every chapter! Follow me on my Instagram @browngirlwattpad for updates and DM me your views on this story. It would make me really happy 🩷

I glare at my phone as it rings incessantly, irritation bubbling under the surface. Finally, I pick up as I walk towards my room, not bothering with a greeting. "Where the fuck are you?" I demand, my voice clipped.

Noah's voice comes through the line, slightly muffled. "Uh, something came up, so I left early with Tiana," he explains casually.

I scoff inwardly. Of course, something came up. "No shit," I mutter under my breath.

Noah doesn't miss a beat. "Fine! We had a moment. Now tell me what happened at the club," he presses, his tone curious.

I debate whether to divulge the details, but I decide to keep it brief. "Don't worry about it. Someone needed a lesson, and I taught him one," I reply cryptically.

Noah chuckles on the other end. "Poor guy must be suffering like he's fresh out of hell," he comments, amusement evident in his voice.

I smirk, a sense of satisfaction washing over me. "Can't say I didn't leave a mark," I admit, my tone smug.

Noah's curiosity doesn't wane. "Where's Jack and Nick?" he inquires, his tone shifting to one of concern.

I glance over at my brothers, who are engrossed in their own conversation. "They're here. I should go," I reply shortly.

Noah understands, "Yeah, man, I'll stop by in the morning," he offers.

I nod, even though he can't see me. "Okay," I say before ending the call abruptly.

I grab some painkillers from one of the drawers in my dresser. With the pills in hand, I make my way back to the living room,I find only Jack and Nick present. There's no sign of Evara. Did she leave? Alone?

"Where is she?" I inquire no one in particular, my voice tinged with urgency.

Jack responds first, his tone steady, "She offered to fetch the first aid kit from the gym."

Nick chimes in, "Yeah, she asked us not to worry, Alec. She's got this. Chill. She understands the emergency," he adds, trying to ease my worry.

But does she really? I wonder silently, Got this? I mutter to myself, uncertainty clouding my mind.

"I'll be back," I announce, glancing at Jack and Nick. "Take these painkillers," I instruct, passing them the pills. "Not more than one," I emphasize before turning and heading towards the gym.

I approach the gym door, a sight catches my attention-Evara, standing precariously on a stool, her delicate frame stretched to reach the locker. A faint sigh escapes my lips. She is going to be the death of me.

Just when I'm about to reach her, her toes slip from beneath her, and she starts to fall. Instinct kicks in, and I lunge forward, catching her mid-fall, before she hit the ground. Her eyes are shut tightly, and she clutches onto me like her life depends on it. I can feel her warmth seeping through my clothes and her arms tighten around me.

The unexpected closeness sends a jolt through me, and for a moment, I'm acutely aware of her presence, her scent filling my senses. Her face is buried against my neck, and when she lifts her head, I can't help but meet her eyes, concern evident in my gaze. Holding her close, I can see the blush that creeps onto her cheeks.

But as quickly as the moment comes, it passes, and I release her and carefully set her back on her feet. She's standing right in front of me, her back plastered to the locker. I can practically feel the tension crackling between us as I move closer, my hand finding her waist, pulling her in. Her hands rest lightly on my chest, her body pressed against mine and I can sense her nervousness.