Evara

Give me your attention now! If you are reading this book and you are obsessed with the characters don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean so much to me. I wanna know your reactions on every chapter! Follow me on my Instagram @browngirlwattpad for updates and DM me your views on this story. It would make me really happy 🩷

I'm home, and it's almost 6 PM. I'm frantically searching through my closet, cursing myself for not picking out an outfit beforehand. Ugh, why didn't I do this earlier? I mutter to myself, frustration mounting as I sift through the piles of clothes.

Amidst the chaos of piled garments, my phone starts ringing, and I hastily grab it from the bed, plopping down on the floor in the middle of the almost all the clothes I own to answer the call.

It's Ira and Ritzie on a video call, and I can't help but grimace as they see the mess behind me. "What the fuck happened there?" Ira exclaims, her eyes widening at the sight of the disarray.

Ritzie adds, "Your apartment flooded? With clothes?"

I'm whining now, "I don't have anything to wear!"

Ira shoots back, "You're literally drowning in clothes. Pick something, anything. Everything you own is pretty af."

"No, these are shit," I retort, feeling frustrated. "I'm gonna cry now."

Ritzie jumps in, "Where are you going?"

I let out a frustrated sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "Remember that engagement party I told you guys about? It's today. Actually in like 3 hours and I don't have an outfit. It's a black tie event, and I need a fucking dress."

But then, a spark of excitement ignites within me as I remember something. "Wait, Oh my god! Ira, you're going to love this!" I interject eagerly, my frustration momentarily forgotten. "Tiana is absolutely obsessed with Harry Potter, so she's made it a theme party, and she's chosen Slytherin colors!"

Ira's eyes light up with excitement, and she blurts out, "No fucking way!", then she adds, "That's your house!"

The excitement fades as quickly as it came when reality hits me like a Bludger. "But... I don't have a green or black dress," I blurt out, panic creeping back in.

Ira, always the voice of reason, rolls her eyes at me. "Girl, half of your wardrobe is green. Shut up and get ready,"

Ritzie, her voice trying to calm me down, "Hey, relax! You still have time. What's our motto?"

I reply with a sigh, "Something will always pop up in the last minute. It happens all the time."

Whenever we decide to go out, it takes a shit ton of effort to find an aesthetic outfit, so we started believing in last-minute fashion pop-ups. Now it's a thing. Ira isn't big on aesthetics but Ritzie and I are freaks.

We start talking about our days and office gossip. Ritzie asks, "Evie, how's your new bestie?"

Knowing full well who she's talking about, I roll my eyes and say, "Sarah isn't my bestie. She's just a friend."

She's nice and helps me out a lot. Ira and Ritzie think she's my office bestie, but honestly, I'm not that close with Sarah. It's not like I don't like Sarah or anything. I'm friendly with everyone, but I don't get close to anyone. Ira and Ritzie are exceptions because I have known them for a very long time and we have shared a lot of moments together.

Anyway speaking of Sarah. The other day, we were all having lunch-me, Will, Rahul, Sarah, the whole gang. Sarah was showing some pictures of mood boards, and a notification popped up showing some old picture from way back in high school. She was about to swipe off the notification when Rahul suggested we see the younger version of her.