Evara

Give me your attention now! If you are reading this book and you are obsessed with the characters don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean so much to me. I wanna know your reactions on every chapter! Follow me on my Instagram @browngirlwattpad for updates and DM me your views on this story. It would make me really happy 🩷

We sit in Alec's car, the atmosphere is tense, his expression serious as he focuses on the road ahead. I steal a glance at him, unsure of what to say. Is he mad at me for everything I said and for throwing water at him? But if he is, then why is he driving me home? He could have just left me on my own. Again, he's the perfect mix of asshole and gentleman.

I shift uncomfortably in the passenger seat, looking around to distract myself. That's when I notice something isn't quite right. "Alec, this isn't the way to my home," I finally speak up, breaking the silence.

He turns to look at me, "I know. I'm driving us to my place," he replies calmly.

"Why?" I ask, confusion evident in my voice.

He responds, "I should dress up their wounds first. I'll drop you off as soon as I'm done."

I nod in understanding, but internally, I'm panicking. Crap! Everyone got injured because of me. I hope Jack and Nick are okay. Did Alec get hurt too? I couldn't see how much they got hurt because we all hurried out pretty quickly. I discreetly check him for any injuries, but his face remains impassive, focused solely on the road. He's not wearing his jacket anymore, and his shirt sleeves are rolled up. Holy fuck, he's got veiny hands. No, Evie, this isn't the time for that.

I notice his knuckles are white, clutching the steering wheel as if he wants to murder that damn thing. Is he really, really, really pissed off, waiting for the right moment to unleash hell on me once he makes sure his brothers are okay? That's kind of sweet, actually.

Oh My God, no! The guy clearly hates me. I need to shut up these hormones.

We're driving on, and my eyes flicker to Alec's hands, noticing the faint stains of blood. Panic rises in my chest. It's probably from the guy he punched, but just to make sure, I reach out and touch his hand, wiping the blood off from just below his knuckle.

Alec's sudden reaction startles me. "What are you doing, Princess?" he asks, his voice firm but gentle.

I swallow nervously, feeling a flush creep up my cheeks. "Just making sure that isn't your blood," I reply softly, my voice barely above a whisper.

Alec's expression softens slightly, and he meets my gaze briefly before turning his attention back to the road. "I'm okay," he says simply, and I can't help but feel a sense of relief wash over me.

As we continue our drive in silence, I can't shake the feeling of guilt gnawing at me. I never wanted things to escalate the way they did.

******

We pull up to the towering building entrance after 10 minutes drive with utter silence, my jaw practically drops at the sight. This place is massive, like something out of a billionaire's dream. The building is tall af and it's like 100-story up there. It screams rich-people-home. I've seen my fair share of opulent homes while working with wealthy clients, but this? This is on a whole other level. It's enough to make my head spin.

We glide into the parking lot, and Alec switches off the engine. The silence between us is thick, stretching on for what feels like an eternity. I find myself at a loss for words, unsure of what to say or do. Should I go with him? I'm not sure what's expected of me in this situation.

Alec didn't say much on the way here. Well, he's not exactly a chatterbox on a regular day, but tonight, he was even colder than usual. I could practically feel the frost radiating off him. I'm not sure how to break the ice. Is he really that mad about everything that happened? Screw it! I'm probably going to get fired. Wait, can he even fire me? I don't think so. Mr. Carson's the one who hired me, not Alec. But Alec could probably ask him to fire me. Oh god! Swara's going to kill me. And on top of everything else, like cherry on top, I was the reason for their bar fight. Great. Just great.