Evara

Give me your attention now! If you are reading this book and you are obsessed with the characters don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean so much to me. I wanna know your reactions on every chapter! Follow me on my Instagram @browngirlwattpad for updates and DM me your views on this story. It would make me really happy 🩷

I'm finally home after what feels like the longest day ever. The meeting went alright, I guess.

After a quick freshen-up session, I slipped into my comfy PJs and plopped down in front of the TV. But then it hit me-I was craving dosas like nobody's business. So here I am, standing in the kitchen, whipping up some dosas for dinner.

There's something therapeutic about cooking, especially when it's something you love. And right now, I'm all about those crispy, savory dosas. Plus, the smell wafting through the apartment? Pure heaven.

I flipped the dosa on the skillet, the aroma of the sizzling batter filling the kitchen. I glanced at my phone as it started to ring. As soon as I saw Omkara's name flashing on my phone screen, a grin spread across my face. He was always good at brightening my day.

"Hey, O!" I greeted, flipping another dosa as I balanced the phone between my shoulder and ear.

"Hey, Evie! How's my favorite sister doing?" Omkara's cheerful voice rang through the phone.

"I'm your only sister!", I teased, rolling my eyes playfully. Even though he couldn't see it, he could definitely hear the eye roll in my voice. "But I'm doing great, just whipping up some dosas for dinner. What's up with you?"

"Touché," he chuckled. "Nothing much, just drowning in assignments and trying not to lose my mind."

As I carried the plate of dosas to the couch, I couldn't help but remember our dad, miles away in another country. Setting the plate down on the coffee table, I settled onto the cushions, phone still pressed to my ear.

"Did you talk to pappa today?" I asked, my tone gentle yet concerned. "You know how he gets when we don't check in on him."

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line before Omkara responded. "Uh, not yet. But I'll give him a call after we hang up, promise."

"Good," I replied, a hint of relief in my voice. "He's been feeling a bit lonely lately, so it's important to check in on him regularly."

"Don't worry, I've got it covered," Omkara assured me, his voice tinged with sincerity.

We chatted about everything and nothing-how his classes were going, whether he'd finally beaten his high score on that stupid game he's obsessed with, teased him a bit about his new girlfriend and how my day had been.

Of course, I had to vent about the pain-in-the-butt client I'm dealing with right now. And what does he say? "Evie, you can handle anything! You're like Wonder Woman with better hair."

I rolled my eyes, but deep down, it warmed my heart to know he believed in me so fiercely. Siblings, man. They always know just what to say to make you feel like you can conquer the world.

After hanging up the call and finishing up my dinner, I leaned back against the couch, letting out a frustrated sigh as I turned my attention to Cassie.

"You know what's been driving me crazy lately, Cassie?" I began, my voice tinged with irritation. "Mr. Icicle. That's what."

I shook my head, a scowl forming on my lips as I thought about my enigmatic client. "I swear, I can't figure out what that guy is thinking for the life of me. His expressions are always the same-neutral, unreadable. It's like talking to a brick wall."