Chapter 4

Hanni's POV

It had been two weeks since the punishment; Like every week, I had had the occasional run-in with Kim, nothing serious, just a few insults. I was at my house, watching TV, waiting for my friends to pick me up to go to the mall when the doorbell rang.

- I'll open! —I said shouting and headed towards the door.

Kim.

—What the hell are you doing here?

—I come to take care of a little girl, isn't it you? —She said laughing.

—How funny you are— I said, giving her a fake smile—Mom, the babysitter is here! —I shouted.

My mother appeared and smiled at Minji.

—Hi darling. How are you? — my mother said.

—Hello, Mrs. Pham. —Very good— she smiled.

—Minji, I've told you a thousand times not to call me Mrs. Pham.

—Sorry, Jeongyeon — she said with the smile still on her mouth.

I hated seeing her so happy.

—She's in her room, I'm going out, I have to go run some errands—Minji nodded—Hanni, be good.

—If you want, I can also take care of her —Don't worry, I'll make sure she behaves—she said with an air of grandeur.

She couldn't be more unbearable. Agh how I hate her.

—No one takes care of me, much less you. —I said, standing a few centimeters from her. Then I went up to my room.

I heard the doorbell ring again and went to see who it was. When I came down, I saw that my friends were already inside.

How confident this girl is when she opens the door when she is not at home.

—Pham, they're looking for you.

I ignored her.

—Girls, let's go to my room.

When we were there Wonyoung, Lia and I sat on my bed and Goeun sat in my chair.

—Aren't you looking forward to the trip? Goeun asked.

In a few weeks we were going to go to New York, the trip was organized by the high school and only the juniors and seniors students could go.

We were going with some teachers and with students whose faces I didn't want to see, like Kim, but it was still New York, and we were very excited to go.

I have traveled to some other countries and some other states, but I have never been to the Big Apple.

—No—apparently, we did not all share the same enthusiasm—. I have already been to New York many times.

—The truth is, I'm a little anxious— I said.

That bit is a lie, I'm looking forward to going there.

—We'll all have a great time together— Lia said, smiling.

—I just hope they give us time alone so we can go meet guys. Or well in your case, Hanni, move forward with THE boy.

—What do you mean Wonyoung? —I looked at her intrigued.

—I'm sure Beomgyu is preparing something to get you to fall for him in this trip.

—To fall for him, how?

—Are you serious? Hanni, he is going to try to move forward with you. You already know—they all laughed.