Chapter 23

Hanni's POV

As I was talking about love, relationships, and that kind of thing, a conversation I had with my best friend came to mind.

—Hey Minji. Hmm... Can I ask you a question? —she raised her shoulders— This... If I... If you... If you were my girlfriend, really...

— Uhhh... interesting —she laughed.

— Shut up.

—If I were your real girlfriend, what? She let me continue.

—What would you give me for our anniversary? —I asked embarrassed without looking at her face.

— What? —she said laughing.

— Answer me, I just want to check something.

— Mmmm... I don't know, it depends... How many years are we supposed to have been together?

— Does it matter?

—Yes— I looked at her strangely. —If we had been together for a long time, I would give you something that would make you remember the past and if we had been together for a short time, something that we could remember in the future.

Wow, what I least expected was that response from her.

—Well, what did you want to check?

—That...— I hesitated whether to say it or not because I thought she would find it stupid.

— That? Come on, tell me... —she insisted.

— Agh, how little patience you have, grumpy.

— See, you know something else about me, patience is not my strong suit. Are you going to answer me or...?

— Wonyoung once told me that anniversary gifts are only appreciated if they are jewelry or expensive clothes or trips... I wanted to know if you thought the same.

—What nonsense is that? That's very superficial, do you think the same? Obviously, you think that way, all rich women are the same, you only think about how much... —I interrupted her.

—Hey! Stop, I didn't say that... I think a jewel can be pretty but...—she interrupted me.

— Your answer doesn't surprise me.

—You never let me finish talking. I was going to say that a jewel can be pretty, but I would prefer to spend the day with you.

—With me? —She asked surprised.

— I mean, if you were my partner, that's what I mean... I would prefer to spend it with my partner— I said nervously.

— Ohh, sure, obviously... And out of curiosity, what would we do?

— Well, I don't know... It's not that I've ever thought about that... What do you think we would do?

—You don't want to know— she said, laughing.

—I don't understand what you're talking about...—then the idea came to me—Ahh okay —I understand— My cheeks turned red.

— You don't like my plan?

— I guess so, I like your plan.

— Yeah? —She said somewhat surprised.

— Yes, of course, how could I not like it? You're supposed to be my... —I didn't finish the sentence.

— ¿What...?

— My girlfriend or my wife, I don't know, to celebrate an anniversary we have to be one of the two things.