Chapter 16

Hanni's POV

I have always wanted my first kiss to be perfect, in a nice place with the boy I was in love with. If I provoked Minji to kiss me it was because I needed to remove the doubt that it is this attraction I feel for her.

I will no longer let myself be carried away by hormones, by the heat of the moment. No. It will not be repeated. We've been interrupted twice and I don't think there will be a third, definitely, I won't let there be a third, it's just been a warm-up, nothing important, I'll have my perfect first kiss or I'll stop calling myself Pham Hanni.

—Sorry, we... No... It's not what it seems— I said, getting off the table.

You didn't have a more cliché phrase in your repertoire. Whenever you say "it's not what it seems" it is exactly what it seems.

—Don't worry girls, I've also been your age, I know exactly what's happening but be careful there are a lot of people here and seeing two girls on a pool table tempts anyone —Patrick said. I lowered my head in shame.

— It won't happen again, we're sorry.

Rest assured it won't happen again.

— Well, after this unfortunate interruption I come to ask you if you can help me with something.

— Yes, of course, if we do know how to make it...

— What do you need?

— I need you to help a girl move her car from the driveway, it has stopped and she can't move it from there and Manuel is busy so...

— Sure, let's get the coats and go down.

We went to get our coats from the room and went outside the motel, it was very cold and everything was covered in snow.

We saw a girl, six feet tall, blonde, leaning against a car.

—Hello, I think you need help— she said when we approached her.

—It seems so— She said, smiling at her.

— This is Minji and I am Hanni. You are? —I asked as kindly as possible.

—Wendy,— She said —Like in Peter Pan— Minji laughed.

That wasn't funny, why is she laughing?

— We push and you try to start the engine, okay?

The blonde just smiled at her.

Don't let your jealousy show. Why are you jealous? You shouldn't be.

We pushed the car to the back of the motel and then went back inside.

—Have you been here long?

— In New York for a week, at the motel for a day.

We sat on a sofa in the living room.

— And you? why are you here?

And what do you care about knowing why she is here? I asked.

— I was on my way to a photo shoot, but the snow prevented me from continuing and I found this place.

Oh. Now it turns out that she is a model.

—You're a model— she stated and the other nodded. —I love taking photos.

Just what I was needed, to see how Minji flirted with others.

Not even half an hour ago she was about to kiss me in that same room and now she's going for another girl.

Stupid .