Chapter 17

Hanni's POV

We played for a while until Manuel and Patrick entered the room; They were very happy and seemed as if they had not noticed our presence.

—Today more than ever I know that I did the right thing by marrying you, I love you and I feel like the luckiest man in the world to always have you by my side— said Manuel, sitting on the sofa.

—From now on we will be a complete family— he said, sitting on top of his husband. — I love you.

I saw how Minji was as attentive as I was to what they were saying.

— It must be nice to be told that, don't you think? —I said still looking at the machine.

— Totally, having someone feel all that love for you must be the best, although you're probably used to it by now.

— What? —I turned my head to the left to look at her.

—Everyone flatters you, tells you how much they love you, how in love they are with you...

— Seriously, do you think they really mean that?

— I don't know... I guess so, right? Don't you always brag about how much people love you...

— Think a little, Kim, how many of the guys who say they are in love with me do you think they really mean it and how many say it to get something? —I said in a sincere tone.

—There will be some who mean it, I don't think everyone comes to you because they are looking for something.

— I don't think so, the guys who approach me only have one thing in mind, they don't have time to fall in love or if they do, it's not to fall in love with me.

—And you don't fall under the charm of their flattery?

— No. They are false words, without feeling, that doesn't interest me, I'm not that stupid. Or do you already fall in love with beautiful words?

—No— she said quickly.

— Oh right, sorry, I forgot that you are Kim Minji, you can't be conquered and you can't fall in love either, that's like too stupid for you, right?

—Of course I can be conquered and obviously I can fall in love.

— Oh yeah? As?

— Why do you want to know?

—Curiosity— I said with the most neutral tone I could.

— With simple things.

— Simple things? —I asked confused—What are simple things?

—Just simple things.

What will be simple things? I want to do simple things for her.

—And you, young lady, how can you be conquered?

—Why do you want to know?

— Curiosity...

— To tell you the truth, I don't even know...

—Can I tell you something without you being offended? —I raised my shoulders—You seem like the typical girl who is difficult to conquer or that to have your love you need them to do a thousand things for you, to crawl.... But in reality with a caress, a few words and a look you fall instantly.

Shit, everything she said is true.

— Yes, it may be like that, but anyone's caresses, words or looks are not worth it to me —I said, acting interesting.