Chapter 5

Minji's POV

My classes had gone on normally, another boring day here at this great high school.

It was lunch time, while Haerin sat at one of the tables I went to buy myself something to eat. Today I woke up late and didn't have time to prepare anything.

—Hello Gladys— I said to the cafeteria lady. Give me some mango juice and a piece of chocolate cake, please.

—Right away, darling— she brought it to me.

—Thank you, how much is it?

—Five dollars— I gave her the money and went back to the table.

—I like Gladys— I told my friend. She has to put up with all these clowns and yet she is very nice to everyone.

—It's true... Hey, and why are you in such a good mood? —She asked smiling.

—I?? I'm not in a good mood, I'm just not angry today, which is very different — we both laugh.

I noticed something cold running down my back.

I turned around and there was Pham, holding an empty soda bottle. I saw how she was laughing triumphantly. I noticed how the —good mood— that Haerin spoke of disappeared by the moment.

—What's wrong with you, crazy??

—So that you learn to respect people.

What respect are you talking about?

—What are you taking about? —I said confused.

—You know very well what I'm talking about.

—I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but you know what? If you need reasons to do something to me, here I have some very sweet ones.

I took the cake I had just bought and smashed it in Pham's face then wiped my hand on her shirt.

—You didn't just do that— she said, wiping chocolate off her face.

—Oops!! —I said, pretending to be innocent, I knew that would make her furious.

I watched as she picked up Haerin's bowl of cereal and milk and poured it on my head.

She stayed centimeters away from me, I saw how she licked her lower lip where there was still some chocolate.

I swallowed.

—You see, I have sweet motives too— she gave me a wicked smile.

—Can I know what I have done to you?

—One, mess with my friend and two, exist— she said, still close to me.

The next thing I know, a food battle started in the middle of the cafeteria, the walls were stained and there wasn't a student who didn't have food on their clothes.

I was only focusing on Pham. Just like she in me.

We were both covered in food from head to toe.

She slipped because of the food on the floor, I stood looking at her from above. I knew what was going to happen and she knew it too. She covered her face with her hands while I got down on my knees next to her so that the distance from the bottle to her face would be less.

—Beauty tip, pineapple juice is good for hair care— I emptied the juice box for her while she complained.

When there was no more juice left on her face, she pulled my shirt and left me close to her.

—You'll pay me for this— she said, trying to get up.

I pushed her back onto the floor and got on top of her. She tried to get out of there, but she couldn't since I had her body trapped between my knees.