Chapter 7

Minji's POV

—Come on daughter, get up, New York is waiting for you— I heard my mother say.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. Then I went down to have breakfast.

—Hello— I said, greeting everyone in the dining room.

—I want you to bring me a t-shirt that says — my sister was in NY and just bought me this t-shirt —Tae said, leaning on the table.

—Okay. Do the rest of you want anything special from there?

I wasn't going to take a lot of money for the trip, I felt sorry for asking for more money from my parents, they had paid me a large part of the trip, I didn't want to abuse it.

—Whatever you want, daughter, but bring me something— my father said, smiling.

It was five in the morning, at six we all had to be at the Seoul airport because our flight left at eight. We all went to the airport; I asked Tae and Hyein not come and sleep over, but they insisted on joining me.

Once there, we went to meet Haerin and her parents who had already arrived.

—Hello Ning, have you been here long?

—Min, hi— she said when she saw me. No, I arrived five minutes ago.

I greeted her parents who stayed talking to mine while Haerin and I talked about our things.

More and more students from our class and from the junior year arrived. Then she arrived, as if she were a celebrity, she was with Eunchae and her parents.

All the boys who passed by her were hypnotized. No wonder they looked at her.

Do you plan to arrive in New York like this? At the very least it will give you pneumonia.

We were in January; in New York it would be like 2ºC or less.

Girl, cover up a little.

Pham stayed with her friends and Eunchae was holding her hand while Jeongyeon and Hyung-Sik walked over to where Haerin and I were standing next to our parents.

—Hello, girls. Nervous? —the woman asked.

—A little, I don't like the idea of ​​the plane— Haerin confessed.

—Don't worry, nothing will happen. Hanni is also a little nervous.

So, she was nervous. I looked at her and saw an idiot from my class, Jisung, approaching her. He ate her with his gaze, he looked at her with desire and that disgusted me. How can you be so slimy. She didn't seem to notice how that boy was looking at her, she was only talking to her little sister. At one-point Eunchae looked at me and I waved at her giving her a smile. The little girl came towards me.

***

Hanni's POV

—What if I have a panic attack on the plane, Mom? —I said worried.

—Don't worry, honey, drink this tea and you'll see that your nerves will go away.

—No, I won't get over it, I'm afraid it will happen. I don't like being locked up for so long, what if something happens to me?

—Look sweetheart, if it happens to you, in your backpack you carry the bags so you can breathe better and the anxiety pills, and if you see that you start to feel bad, count up to 50 and think of something that will relax you like the doctor told you— my father he tried to reassure me.