Chapter 18

Hanni's POV

— I beat you again.

— What a shit game.

— Shall we play again? —She said laughing.

— Again? No, I'm already bored. Let's go outside to play in the snow.

— What are we, six years old?

— Let's go outside, last night you promised me that we would go play, so now Kim we are going to go upstairs to get the coats and then we are going to play in the snow.

We went to get the coats and scarves, Minji was complaining the whole time but in the end we went to the back of the motel where there was a pile of accumulated snow from the night before.

—Can you explain to me again why we are out here being cold when we could perfectly well be in the room with the heating on— she asked, rubbing her hands.

—Because it's fun to play with the snow— I said excitedly.

— HAHA.

— Oops! How boring you are, it almost never snows in Seoul, take advantage now.

— I'm not boring.

— No? Surely if we go up to the room you will start reading and you will leave me alone and you will not speak to me for the rest of the afternoon.

— Reading is not boring.

—No, but it's more fun to play with the snow,— I said, trying to convince her. She rolled her eyes—You know what... Do what you want, go, but I'm staying here— She turned and started walking, but halfway she returned to where I was piling snow to make a doll. —Weren't you leaving?

— Yes, but you made me feel bad with what you said and I came back.

— Wow, the lady has feelings.

— Ha. Ha. Ha. How funny you are— she said ironically. —What are you doing?— she said, looking at the ball I had built on the ground.

— A snowman, can't you see it?

—Is that a doll? —She said laughing.

— Will you help me? —I said, making the head part of the doll.

—No, not even if this was Frozen—she sat in the snow.

I noticed how she watched me make the doll attempt.

—And that's it— I said, putting two stones as eyes. Minji stood up, standing next to me and looked at the doll with a look of not knowing what she was seeing.

—Wow, that doesn't look like a doll— she said, laughing.

—It doesn't look like a doll because it's missing things— I said, looking at her. —Leave me your hat.— I went to take it off and she took a step to the side.

— What? What for? —She asked, putting her hands to her head so I couldn't take it off.

—To put it on my doll.

— No.

—Come on, collaborate with the creation— I said, pouting.

—No...— I approached her and slowly removed the hat from her head.

— Thank you — I tapped her on the nose and put the hat on the doll — See, perfect — I took my cell phone out of my coat pocket and took a photo of it. I noticed how she got behind me.

—Don't be offended but what an ugly doll.— I turned my face a little to look at her.

— Ugly you.