Chapter 11

Minji's POV

We spent our last hours in the Big Apple.

We left the luxurious hotel and went to eat before the bus took us to the airport to return to Seoul.

—Girls, when we return to Seoul, if I greet you in the hallway of the school, will you greet me? —Yunjin asked timidly.

—Oh, how adorable you are— Haerin pinched her cheek.

—Well of course, at least I will, and I hope it's more than a greeting, have lunch with us and go out there from time to time.

—Yeah. Now it's your turn to put up with us, and believe me, it's not nice that Haerin tells you every episode of every series she watches—we all laugh.

Many things have happened on this trip but the best thing has been finding Huh Yunjin.

We were leaving our bags on the bus when Pham and her little group approached.

She and Yunjin left her suitcase at the same time, when Pham was going to leave again with her stupid friends Yunjin took her arm.

—Hey, Pham, I want you to know that I'm not going to tell anyone about any of the conversations we've had.

What does she mean by that?

—So? I don't care what you say, it's your loser's word against mine — there was the usual conceited Hanni.

—I just wanted you to know, nothing more.— She walked towards where Haerin and I were, looking at the scene but turned around again.

— You know, I invite you to have the same conversations that you had with me with any of those —She pointed to Pham's group with her head—, let's see how long it takes for them to make fun of you. —She didn't wait for a response and she got on the bus.

I sat with Haerin and Yunjin sat behind us with no one next to us.

—What happened out there? What was that all about, Yunjin? Haerin asked.

Yes, I wanted to know too.

—Nothing girls, I'm sorry, but I said I wouldn't say anything and I won't, even if it was stupid Pham I gave my word. Forgive me.

—Yunjin, you just earned all my respect, you are always faithful to your thoughts no matter what people think of you. Very good. —we both smile.

We spent a long time on that bus.

—Oh Haerin, go and sit with Yunjin who is also sleeping and let me read in peace. —I pushed her away from me.

—Oops! —What a bad mood.— She sat down with Yunjin, leaned on her, and fell asleep again.

Ten minutes later the teacher announced that we were going to stop at a gas station in case anyone wanted to go to the bathroom.

—Girls— I called them. Girls, are you coming down? I'll go to the bathroom and buy gum. Do you want something? Girls? Haerin? Yunjin?

They continued sleeping.

—Yaaaaa Min, go down and don't bother— she said grumpily.

—That's it, don't bother. —She said, resting her head on Yunjin's.

—What lovely people you are, I'll be right back. —I warned. I grabbed my coat and the backpack where I carried the money and left the bus.

I bought the gum and went to the bathroom.

***