[-12]

With that said, you tagged along and followed Seiichiro away from the other two... however, that meant arousing a mix of confusion and surprise by Seiichiro and Leo, who were ultimately left behind. You'd have to clear up such miscommunication later on.. unless you want to risk compromising your friendships.

Shiro was suspiciously quiet as he walked ahead of you, venturing up the brief flight of steps that leads to the outside corridors. After a while he had stopped, although you noticed that he gave a brief glance to the side-- as if cautious that others would overhear.

"So .. uh, what was so important to tell me?" You hadn't realized it yet, but you were pretty tense. Shiro was behaving seriously, and didn't show it simply because of his hard exterior. Yet part of you felt like you could see past what he tries to offer, even if for a split second. He tapped his foot against the floor, and then crossed his arms, staring across from you--pondering his next words carefully.

'This isn't what I was expecting at all.' He thought as he narrowed his eyelids. From there, the click of his tongue was heard, earning your pivot. 'It's far too early to even think about it..' But really, he knew that he was left with no other choice than to give into the chase. "[L/N].. this isn't exactly an easy topic to broach."

The curiosity attacking you from within caused your eyes to twinkle like stars-- his words were like the punchline laying the groundwork for some very juicy gossip! You nodded your head and stepped closer, impatiently awaiting his continuation.

"Well ... You're going to think of me as some crazy person. So before I tell you, will you promise me that no matter how misleading the situation might sound... You'll learn to accept it?" His eyebrows were burrowed and his face went especially stern. Having placed such a disclaimer, you hesitated to answer him, slightly filled with anxiety.

What he wants to say shouldn't be that bad, right? I mean it's not like he's going to confess that he's some crazy lunatic!

"Of course. I mean it's what being apart of a friendship means, right? That you'll learn to accept things for better or for worse." You shrugged your shoulders. "Everyone has to show the bad side of them in a relationship. It'll help us overcome it and get to each other better, isn't that right?"

"That is.. if you're planning to say something horrible about yourself. I'm just trying to be mentally prepared here." You forced a chuckle. As if things weren't tense already, you felt even more awkward about your words after Shiro displayed an unusual amount of interest in staying silent.

"..." He finally broke eye contact, his mesmerizing red eyes revealing a hint of sadness as he peers off to the side. He also chuckled-- although it was rather subtle. "That's interesting." He mumbled, "A wise person told me the same thing." His lips curled into a smile, and somehow he felt a little more relaxed. With that, hesitation had left him within seconds. Shiro approached you more closely, and during his few steps up to you, you noticed the apprehensive air turning slightly darker.

"I wanted to talk to you about my brother, Sei." Said the young man nonchalantly, still maintaining his smile.

"You see, he's going to kill you next week."

Shiro looked certain that what he was saying was the truth. You however, were pretty blunt in evading all of his efforts of relaying honestly. "Pff-- that's a weird joke! Now what do you really have to tell me?" You snickered, shaking your head. Such hilarious wit from someone you didn't expect.

"He'll murder you with his own hands. And he'll do it painfully." Shiro lifted his palms, gazing at his fingertips that were tempted to twitch out of either excitement or frustration. He had ignored your dismissal and started stating what he believed to be facts -- things that he knew for certainty. "Using a knife... He'll dig into your flesh over and over again, you'll be forced to endure horrible torture until morning creeps in. And then, he'll leave your decapitated head right on my bedside."