- 8 -

The rollercoaster had came to an abrupt end; with it's sharp stop shoving everyone forward before being pushed back against the cushions. Your hair had been a mess, and your face was red from all of the screaming you did. Looking beside you had been Neiji, whose face was extremely pale. His body was leaned a bit, hair unkempt, just like yours, and you could immediately recognize the fear in his eyes. He raised his hand to cup it over his lips, dark blue lines of discomfort growing in length below his right eye. "..I think I'm going to be sick.."

You awkwardly released a laugh, while patting his back to console his despondence. "Didn't you think it was fun Iisei? But if you need to throw up... go over there..." You pointed towards the nearby trash bins, which had already been surrounded by a few former passengers. Your comment caused Neiji to shoot a piercing glare your way, forcing your body to bolt as your gaze shifted. Nervously, your body trickling with sweat. 

Meanwhile, the little girl who sat in between you and Seiichiro giggled as she, too, had her own share of fun. It was both exciting, and terrifying. She looked away from you and Neiji, as the male had began to attack you, rubbing both fists against your temples.

She stared at Seiichiro. It was strange... he was very afraid of being on the coaster, however he was extremely quiet the entire duration of the ride. The little girl would have tugged against the sleeve belonging to him, causing the male to look down as the neat fingers holding his hem managed to catch his eye. 

"Mister, are you okay?"

Seiichiro slowly adjusted his head to look into the direction of the girl, a grim line became of his lips. His golden eyes had regressed to it's faint, unhappy void; altering the air around them in an instant. The little girl jumped up in fright, her hand had began to tremble while she couldn't bring herself to release his sleeve. "I...I'm sorry.." She apologized for no reason, or rather, it was out of instinct. 

His expressionless look didn't change as well, as currently.. he was pondering... pondering about why this girl was such a nuisance. There was no way he thought about killing a child, but when it came to you, anything was possible, things were limitless.

Slowly, the male would lean into her direction, resting his hand against her head. Simple movements such as this was even enough to make her feel afraid even more. How adorable. "You know..." He started, his low and dark whisper complimenting those icy eyes. "...The girl you're sitting beside is very important to me. This day is very important to me. You don't have any idea how angry I get whenever I see someone put a ravine in between us..." His mood worsened by the thought of Neiji, nonetheless he continued. 

"Which is why.. I'll only give you a warning..."

"Bother us again and I'll do something I'll regret."

The bars finally lifted, signalling to everyone that they could now exit from the seats. Neiji stepped out first, pushed his hands into his pockets, and then watched his friends do the same. The little girl beside Seiichiro had grew so terrified that she pushed you gently in order to hurry you off. "He-Hey! What are you doing?!" Raising a brow after hearing her desperate whimpers, your attention was quickly brought away once you felt the toes of your right foot bump against the "Watch your step" slab. 

Your body was tossed forward. A yelp left your lips, as you realized you had been aiming straight for the male with rectangular glasses. His eyes widened a bit, but he quickly removed his hands from his pockets to catch you. He'd stagger back in the midst of this, and immediately poked his eyes into the direction of the little girl darting to the exit.

"Oh.. Um.. Sorry..." You whispered. The both of you were extremely close. One of Neiji's hands gripped onto your elbow, while the other held onto your waist firmly. His eyes proceeded to remain settled at the girl's last whereabouts. "Was she that scared of the ride?.." Even though you should've felt concerned, you couldn't... and stared at Neiji intently.

A look of awe fell onto your expression, your heart had also been thumping miraculously. With a pale blush on now your cheeks, it felt as though you fell into a fantasy; flowers blossomed around his figure, and you felt bubbly within. 

Neiji had peered down at you, and then started speaking. However since you were too engrossed by your flustered situation, you failed to hear him until you felt a hand yank you away from him. "Eh?" You blinked, now pushing your thoughts away. Seiichiro watched you closely, the look of deep betrayal in his eyes. He noticed it. It wasn't hard to miss. 

"Are.. you alright? That could've been a nasty fall if Neiji wasn't there." 

He didn't want to question it.

He didn't want to acknowledge it.

He didn't want to admit it.

There was another terrible pit in his stomach again. Something was bound to happen soon, and to prevent that.. he needed to put an end to your relationship with Neiji. 

You nodded your head before scratching your cheek. "I'm fine, so don't worry! Thanks a bunch, Iisei." After offering a gentle smile, the male with messy hair adjusted his bangs; pushing them back as his seemingly disinterested gaze swept back to you, discarding Seiichiro's overprotective demeanor. "Just a heads up [L/N].. I'm not catching you the next time you fall." Despite his genuine brutality, you felt your heart skip a beat.

Suddenly, you turned away in order to compose yourself. "L-Let's just go! How does food sound to you guys? I'd like some ice cream or cotton candy." Marching away, the men behind you had followed, and only one was fully aware of the change in your heart. 

The three of you had arrived at the nearest food stand, your lips dripping with drool. "Cotton Candy, or Ice cream??! I'll get an ice cream!! But the blueberry cotton candy is the best-" Neiji sighed, peering off to the side. "Just hurry up so I can order. Hey Sei, do you want somethin'?" 

By the time he looked at him, Seiichiro had already been staring at him, watching silently. Those eyes.. it was impossible to know what he had been thinking. They were as transparent as glass and completely void of any more hesitation. His patience had been reached. At any moment, he was prone to attack him.

Finally, after a moment's pause, he gently grinned normally with closed eyes, despite the hostile aura emitting around him. "No thanks. Not from you, anyway." His response wasn't like it typically would have been... And strangely, it made Neiji realize the pressure around them. 

"Right.. I'll just get soft pretzels." 

He focused his attention back up ahead, mentally taking note of what just occurred. You threw a happy tantrum due to the ice strawberry cream you had recently bought, earning an small, lighthearted chuckle from Seiichiro. You were the reason he was here.. you were the reason he could get this far, and he couldn't wait until everything he's done paid off. 

Until the day he finally wins you over. 

[Chapter END]