FINALE

Not long after what occurred, before the school bell could even ring, Seiichiro was admitted to the hospital, with a severe injury due to a glass impaling his side. He lost a lot of blood, and if he never ran into you.. there was a very high chance that he could've died within minutes.

And as for his twin brother, Shiro.. a proper investigation was held, and because of his wrongdoings Seiichiro wasn't held accountable for murder. Instead, the media made it seem as though he was some sort of hero which came to your rescue.

You clenched the fabric of your uniform, staring toward Seiichiro who relaxed against the hospital bed. It was only the two of you.

He was unconscious for three days now; being worn out from the tests and drugs, as well as his surgery. You stayed in there for hours, and as you sat there against the stool near his bedside, you took a bite from your triangular ham and cheese sandwich.

Quietly eating, you started to reflect on the past. Unknowingly, you thought about Shiro, and even tried not to break down upon thinking about Neiji. Such a simple life of yours turned into complete hell. You were glad though... since Shiro didn't hurt anyone else. Things could've.. turned out much worse than this.

Losing your appetite because of your introspection, you lowered your eaten sandwich against it's napkin, and then put it inside of the container in which it came from. Looking away upon taking out your phone, you burrowed your eyebrows at the time. "I should get going before it gets dark..."

Standing up and placing your lunch box into your bag, the strap was maneuvered over one of your shoulders, but before you left you reached over Seiichiro, pulling the warm blankets over his body some more. "Goodbye, Seiichiro. I'll see you tomorrow!"

You prepared to walk away, however after taking one step you were grabbed by the wrist tightly. Eyes wide, your head quickly turned into his direction, though no words could escape you since you went crashing backwards, your back against the awoken patient's chest.

Squirming, nervousness was revealed in your eyes. "S-Seiichiro?! You're awake?!" This was great news for you. There was nothing coming from the other, and immediately you were reminded of the incident. He was so quiet then.. Just like now. A heart-sinking sensation curled within your stomach. You tried to look back at him, to no avail. "Hey, why aren't you saying anything?? Are you half asleep?"

Still, nothing.

You could feel his strain around your wrist gradually releasing. Although he was acting strange, you persuaded yourself that it was because of his state. Moving away from his hold, you quickly turned around, meeting with his golden irises enveloped with something darker. It only lasted for a second however, and that worried you.

Seiichiro tilted his head into your direction, genuinely appearing a little surprised. "Oh.. I didn't even realize that was you, [L/N] ... sorry." He started to sit up, pain engulfing his expression as he did so.

You swooped in and held onto his forearm, aiding him in straightening his posture. "Who else would I have been? But in any case... I'm glad you're awake. There weren't any visitors that came by, only me and Yatsouba..."

An white envelope pulled from your coat pocket, you extended it toward the male who was in the middle of holding onto his head like he was anxious about something. Peering over, Seiichiro took the envelope delicately from your hand, raising an eyebrow subtly. "What's this?"

Lowering your hand to attach it to the strap belonging to the lunch bag you carried like a purse, you also looked at the enveloped. "I don't know. It was something Yatsouba gave m-"

Seiichiro used his forefinger, as well as index finger to direct the envelope towards you, the paper in question being in between his fingers. "I don't want it." He bluntly said, his gaze on his lap.