- Prologue -

"One... two.. three!"

You heaved a heavy box into the large room, stumbling while doing so. You heard chatter coming from outside as your door was parted wide enough. It came from local neighbors and those within the area. And as you laid your box gently against the carpet, you approached the front door in attempt to eavesdrop.

Two old women were discreetly conversing between one another, and since their voices were raspy and low, you couldn't exactly hear what they were saying. You shrugged, and carried on with moving the rest of your belongings.

After a long voyage of sweat and trampling, you walked slowly back towards your apartment cautiously, the wide cardboard box clearly blocking your only viewpoint.

There was the pattering of paws which caught your attention, as well as loud barking which you assumed came from a dog. As you lowered your eyes just a bit, you noticed a black dog running just below your feet.

"Kaz! Get back here!"

Cried a masculine voice, running past his doorway in attempt to seize the animal performing a routined runaway. The figure ran your way and instantly knocked himself into the box you held, causing you to tip over and nearly lose your balance.

"Ah!" You squeaked. Meanwhile the unfamiliar figure quickly turned towards you after staggering, and quickly bowed. "Shit, I am so sorry!" He stroked his head, unable to view your face.

His eyes maneuvered to your open door, and gently he tapped the heavy square. "Do you need help with that?" He asked you, who eventually composed oneself.

"Oh, um... sure?"

Without a glister of hesitation, the boy took the box from your small hands and gladly took over. You stepped back, as the both of you finally viewed one another's faces.

You stared at him, before dropping your jaw.

'My neighbor...'

Dirty grey hair that somehow went dashingly with his soft and apologetic tone, a strong build signalling his time being spent at the gym, and not to mention those curious pairs of shimmering golden eyes.

'Is a complete hottie!'

The male allowed himself inside once he realized how awkward this trance was. Gently, he laid the box down with the rest and bowed his head. "Again, I'm very sorry. Didn't really see you there." He spoke with glistening eyes emanting empathy.

"No, it's.. alright!"

You swiftly walked around him and opened the box he just held, examining the objects inside which were mostly glass. "Good... It seems they didn't break or anything.."

Your masculine neighbor watched, soon to clear his throat in order to grab your attention. After he did so you instantly perked up, and twisted toward his figure. "Yes?"

"Seiichiro Yuuki. Pleased to meet you." The male who went by Seiichiro held out his hand for you to shake. You were pretty reluctant at first, but after coming to a decision you firmly gripped his hand. "[F/N] [L/N]. It's nice to meet you too, Yuuki. From now on we'll be neighbors... right?"

Seiichiro nodded with a slight calm smirk. "Yep, I'm one door over." He then eyed you leisurely. "You look like you're still in High School, what school are you attending?"

It felt like a brick wall had hit you. Your mind currently began racing, as your eyebrow twitched uncontrollably. "The.. The one in this area of course!"