- 5 -

With your hands placed against your lap, you kept your head narrowed, as the school's nurse rummaged through her cabinets in search of alcohol. She huffed jokingly. "It's only your second day here and you're already getting into fights.. I'm certain things will be more livelier with you around."

You held the look of guilt, however you sensed the playfulness behind her words. It eased you a bit, but it still wasn't enough to drive your regret away. "I'm sorry for causing you trouble, ma'am.."

She approached you with a gentle smile, and then raised a hand to ruffle your soft [H/C] locks. "You remind me of my youngest sister.. She's simple-minded and gets all riled up whenever she's caught in the moment. Aside from that, though; she's brave."

You forced a small smile with a slanted head, nervous sweat trickling down your forehead. 'Somehow, this became a totally trivial conversation. I'm only here to treat the marks from Yatsouba's slap...' You continued to listen, part of you gradually becoming indulged in the matter.

"I can see the same honesty in your eyes, just like her.. Ah! I miss my little sister so much! Now I feel old.."

After a few minutes of this conversation, the nurse continuously upheld the topic of her close relative without any regard to you. She looked happy as she spoke on, a hand to her cheek while sharing recalled events. It was then did the announcement speakers buzz.

"Nurse Chisaki, please report to the faculty office. I repeat; Nurse Chisaki, please report to the faculty's office." At the sound of her name, her head would dart over to the speakers, until a revelation had occured. "Oh, dear! I didn't even have time to fix you up... Well sit here, I'll be back in a bit."

Your head, along with eyes, followed her to the door. 'If it had not been for the announcement.. I don't even know when that would've ended...' The woman had now been gone, it was only you, sitting there while listening to the ticking clock.

Immediately, you grew bored. There wasn't anything you could do, aside from wait and stare around. "..."

It was sudden, but the door had slid open slowly, revealing a familiar classmate who wore rectangular glasses. While stepping inside, he removed his earbuds. His expression was neutral, blank... as if he didn't want to see you. "You again?" He then glanced around. "Where's that talkative woman?"

You felt offended by his careless greeting, and furrowed your brows. "Are you deaf..? The intercom clearly said that she had to report to the faculty office.." Your gaze then narrowed down towards his earbuds. "Oh..."

Neiji couldn't help but grin. "Looks like you're as blind as a bat. Anyways, I'm guessing you're fixing that nasty mark on your cheek?" He asked, closing the door behind him. As you nodded, he'd approach the lower cabinets, lazily extracting a bottle of disinfectant alcohol. Bringing tweezers and cotton balls with him, he'd make his way in front of you, eventually sitting against the stool across from your figure.

Motionless, the both of you stared at one another in silence.

Until, Neiji twitched an eyebrow and finally opened his mouth. "Well? You gonna turn your head?" He sharply stared into your eyes, earning your stiffening figure. "Oh- right- sorry..!" Now looking the other way, your cheek was exposed.

During this time, the male would lift up the tweezers holding a cotton ball, carefully dousing it in the alcohol. Afterwards, he'd set the bottle down and used that hand to grip onto your jaw, soon he leaned in, the gap between you both gradually closing.

"This might sting a bit."

Neji proceeded after giving his fair warning; gently dabbing the product against your skin. You winced a bit, enduring the slight pain, and to cleanse the quiet room, Neiji would part his lips again. "She hit you really hard. Another one and you would've ended up with a bruise. Wish I didn't stop her..."

He caused your eyes to shift away. "Gee, thanks..." Other than his firm dispense to make you feel even more bad about yourself, you enjoyed how gentle he was. Neiji was attempting to clear your mind about the pain by his words, and somehow; it worked.

You smiled a bit, turning your head a bit to catch a glimpse of his focused expression. But after spotting you, he'd force your head where it once were. "Hey. I'm not done yet.."

It didn't take very long, but he finished. Neiji unwrapped a large band-aid which could overlap almost the entirety of your cheek, and delicately placed it on. "Now you're done." He said, just as he lowered his hands. In the midst of this, you noticed his left had been brutally hit. It was red, bruised, and had many scratches which seeped with small specks of blood, as if he had just gotten into a fight.

"I-Iisei!! What the heck happened to your hand?!" As you asked this, Neiji would raise it to stare it for a bit, and then looked back at you. "A good friend of mine had smashed my hand between a door.. I'm pretty sure it was an accident, though. That's why I'm here."

He spoke so leisurely, and yet you could hear the hitch in his tone after you touched his hand. With worry written against your face, you shook your head in denial. "Iisei, this is worse than a slap..."

About to speak furthermore, the door had frantically pushed to the side. Stepping in would have been a boy with white hair, and yellow eyes. He looked extremely anxious, concerned, and most of all; tired. "[Y/N]! I heard what happened! Are you alright??"

Seiichiro approached you quickly, and had immediately spotted you holding onto Neiji's bruised hand. His attitude quickly altered, as he quickly grabbed onto your wrist to pull you from the stool you sat in. From there, he maneuvered you behind him protectively, gazing over at the male with eyes full of skeptic brutality.

Neiji watched him, just before sighing. "Well would you speak of the devil. I wonder what's gotten into you, Sei." He stood up from his stool.

Shortly after the male's sentence, you had been forced into ponder. "Speak of the devil..?" You whispered, before widening your eyes. In an instant you swing your arm away, a look of slight discomfort visible in your hues. "Seiichiro! Was it you who hurt Iisei??"

Puzzled, he'd turn to look at you both, trying to understand the current situation. "Ah." He muttered, before nodding his head in remark, deciding to be honest with you. "It was an accident. I was closing the door, and he managed to slip his hand through."

A sigh of relief escaped your lips. "Well you hit his hand really hard... were you angry or something?" The male with white hair was a bit hesitant in replying, until he scratched his head. "No. But [Y/N].. is your cheek alright? If it's fixed up.. we should go."

He reached for your hand again, but you swiftly dodged. You had then pursed your lips. "What's wrong with you?? Check on Iisei's health first! Did you even apologize?!" Raising a hand to your forehead, a stressful sigh escaped you. "I never knew how inconsiderate you could be..."

Seiichiro was quiet. It was impossible to know what he had been thinking. Neiji, thankfully, stopped anything from getting worse. "Come on, [L/N], don't worry about me. I fixed you up, so go ahead and leave."

"But... your hand.." You muttered, immediately causing the male with glasses to glare. "Leave, now." As he said this, an feeling of agitation sparked with you, puffing up your cheeks in a pout.

You marched on out with balled fists. "That idiot won't even let me return the favor..." You muttered. Seiichiro, who had still kept quiet, followed you until he heard the voice of another.

"Wait, Sei.. We need to talk."

[Chapter END]