- 15 -

*This chapter is a flashback.

Gentle hums left the male as he brushed his teeth thoroughly, soon to comb through his white locks as he faced himself in the mirror. Placing a hand to his chin, he leaned forward, an eyebrow tugging suggestively. "Such a handsome face so early in the morning!" The male exclaimed, flaunting over himself with gentle cooes.

"This is why you don't have a girlfriend, Sei." Spoke from beside him. Yet another presence was near, and this caused the primary male to jolt and turn around sharply, facing with a pair of deep crimson orbs. The figure leaned against the door frame, arms crossed, and carried a small yet warm smile.

"Oh shut up, Shiro!!" Seiichiro replied, shooing him off with his hand. "Although we're twins, I'd say that I look better than you." He started laughing aloud, much to his brother's dismay. Shiro turned around, sighing to himself. "I'm gonna go and hang out at my secret hideout, I'll be home later."

Seiichiro scoffed as he watched his brother walk away, and then glanced down at a bottle of pill tablets filled halfway. "Ah, crap- bro!" He grabbed onto the bottle and then skidded out of the bathroom, only to realize Shiro's presence had cease to exist. "You didn't take... huh? He left that quickly?"

He placed a hand to his hip as he tossed the object into the air, catching it carelessly. "I'll have to force him again... ugh..." He slouched, eyebrows crossing. "Shiro can be scary when he doesn't take his meds..."

Meanwhile, Seiichiro's brother had climbed onto the ladder leading up to the window belonging to a vacant room, as the black backpack strapped around his arms bounced during his movements.

This ladder led up to his neighbor's attic.

Hoisting himself through, he landed forcefully onto his feet, and then locked the aperture afterwards. "Time to read." Shiro threw himself against the couch he kept clean, and once he got comfortable enough, he took off his bag and unzipped it, revealing snacks, headphones, and stacks of comic books. "Good thing the previous homeowners left this couch here.."

The male began his break, and within only four hours, he started to feel a bit strange. His blood started going, and his palms felt sweaty as he held his book. He perked up, and then began to rummage through his things. "Ah.. my pills... I didn't take them.."

Now packing his belongings, he planned to leave, until he heard what sounded to be a thump. He moved over to the window, spotting what seemed to be a moving truck.

Realization struck him hard.

"Huh..? Someone's moving in? I'd better go.." He moved back over to the couch, lifted his bag, and pulled his arms through the straps. "My movements are getting a little slow too. I have to take my medication quickly."

Without his daily pills, he was afraid of losing his mental balance.

Making sure to organize things as they were, the male approached the window he last entered through, however just as he unlocked it, he overheard a soft voice.

The voice belonging to a girl.

Shiro halted. Curiosity got the best of him in an instant. A firm resolve overcame him as he inched away from the window and over to the center of the floor, eventually dropping to his knees a bit roughly. Diving his head down, Shiro pressed his ear against the wood, listening more closely.

"Seiichiro Yuuki. Pleased to meet you."

"[F/N] [L/N]. It's nice to meet you too, Yuuki. From now on we'll be neighbors... right?"