- 9 -

Your long day had unfortunately came to an end. The orange sun combined in an yellow hue was setting, and the dark grey clouds darkened the sky even further. Time sure went by fast. "Ah~ That was so much fun." You patted down your stomach, as the three of you walked aligned with one another.

Briefly, Neiji would have been looking up and at the clouds, his eyebrows burrowing. He muttered something quite inaudible.

You and the other two wore matching stuffed bunny-ear headbands. Admittedly, you thought the idea was cute. "Heey~ How did you enjoy it?" Your attention was on Seiichiro, who walked beside you. He was looking ahead, appearing to daydreaming intently. But within the moment's time, he brought his eyes back towards you, his expression gradually warming up.

"Huh? Me? Ye.. yeah... I had a lot of fun with you today.." His gentle smile caused a shiver to run down your spine. The fact that he emphasized the word "You", was to no help either. Looking away from him, your attention shifted to Neiji. "Well? What about you?" He was already glancing over from the corner of his eye, but they returned ahead once he spotted your drifting attention.

"It wasn't anything special." He bluntly replied, earning a muffled groan from you. 'Neiji is so apathetic and mean.. There's no way I'd like a person like him. Seiichiro's my type!' You'd cross your arms, it seemed as though you were convincing yourself.

"But..." Looking back over, you curiously looked at Neiji in wonder what he was bound to say next. The male would have been seen rubbing underneath his nose, while he also tried to appear monotonic. "This beats staying at home all day." Hearing him say that... you could definitely read in between the lines.

"Ha! Are you smiling over there, Iisei?"

"..I really feel like you wanna die."

Seiichiro listened. How many times has this happened now? You and Neiji got along so well... it was infuriating. Until when will you give him that much attention?

'I need to try harder.'

'I need to act harder.'

'I need to earn her attention.'

Suddenly, Seiichiro would stop just as you all reached the exit. His eyes remained pinned on the ground, soulless and devoid. He had been like this for many seconds, until his best friend quickly noticed. Neiji stopped, halting you along with him. "Sei?"

Upon hearing the sound of his name, Seiichiro averted his attention back up to you both, this time a noticeable grim line forming of his lips. Clearly, he was unhappy. His eyes were half-lidded, and he didn't budge from his spot just yet.

"...I'm going to go home." He spoke aloud, inflicting the both of you with worry. Though, he didn't stop to spare you any time for a leisure chat, walking onto the sidewalks opposite from your desired direction.

You exhaled. "Sheesh... Maybe we should follow him..?"

Neiji was opposed to the idea, and began walking once more. "Nah, he has stuff to do. We'll bother him later on, let's go for now."

During your walk with him, it was quiet, as well as nerve-wrecking. The clouds grew darker and darker until eventually, heavy downpour occurred very suddenly. Water droplets quickly soaked your clothes, and the best course of action was to find the nearest shelter; underneath the slab roofing belonging to the outside of a convenience store.

Neiji on the other hand, had been lucky since he wore a jacket, though that didnt guarantee full coverage. His hair had gotten wet. He pulled back his bangs followed by an deep sigh, while with his other hand; he removed his glasses. "Ugh, damn rain." He muttered.