pool

・゜゜・
Delphine
.・゜゜・

Hargrove was the last person I thought I'd see at the fucking pool. Two goddamn months after graduation. It was the best two months and of course, at some point, I had to meet him again. I can't believe he had to mess with me when he saw me too. I had no idea he worked there and no idea he'd approach me either. I love being at the pool, and I have many times before, maybe just when he wasn't scheduled. Maybe I can figure out those times so we don't have to reunite anymore, but then again, seeing him antsy at my presence would be nice. I mean yeah, I did get hotter. I've had a lot of free time so I threw in a daily workout routine, I've been really digging it. Maybe I can put this to good use. Now, put going to the pool as my daily routine? I mean hell, I get a tan, swim time and I get to make my enemy/hated crush go crazy for me. Sounds like a God evil plan.

・゜゜・

I started going to the pool at the same time every day. Id wear my same swim suit and shades, gotta keep my trend real. Plus it looks best on me. As I am now, I sit at the same chaise chair. I liked how summer had been turning out for me. I changed my hair style and health. I've been feeling 110%. Putting this vitamin d in my schedule is helping as well. Plus, it doesn't hurt to see a sexy sun kissed hargrove either. Shit. I can not let him catch me staring at him, even if I've caught him doing exactly that. I admire him at times, just as I did in school. Him talking to different girls and lifeguards. Watching his hot bod glisten and shine in sweat. His curls perfectly fall against the curves of his face. His sunglasses only making his appreance tougher. Dammit, it makes me mad.

I caught hargroves eyes once again. I got pretty hot so it was time to go back in the water for swim time. I was completely in my own element, not thinking about him for once either. I found a nice spot to swim back and forth, all to myself. Along with Williams eyes that is. I just found him staring, so much that he didn't recognize that I caught him. It was really that hard to shake him huh. Made me want to chuckle, so I did, to myself. I made sure to line my lips with my red lipstick, I bet he loved that added touch. I think I might give him a little more today.

Karen Wheeler was stuck talking with hargrove as I made my way towards him. I swiftly past them, not needing to interrupt anyways. He, however, stopped me. Completely blowing off whatever no sense she was talking about, I caught onto that. I turned to him, a few feet away by now. Karen glared at me and made way back to her seat. He made his way to me. This was too entertaining.
"Not too bad out there Dee but I uh I think you could use some lessons." He said, chewing his gum in between speaking.
"Lessons? Please do inform me since you work here, you must know." I tried to be sarcastic but I almost sounded honest. Plans working.
"Well I know all the styles, freestyle, butterfly... Breaststroke." He replies. Damn, he really got me with that one. If I was holding something, it would've fell out of my hands from the way they became clamy. Well he's making this goddamn difficult, he knows what he's doing.
"Oh, and how does that one go?" I ask and bite my lip, he can't get me that easily. He moves his body closer to mine, we're almost touching. The pool became busier today. I can tell he's trying to secretly tell me.
"Well, It a..." He tried to speak, moving closer until someone accidentally pushed him which then made him fall on me. From his strong body, my foot slid on the edge of the pool and made my body slam into the water. I don't know what happened to my foot but God did it hurt. He didn't have to go in after me. I was okay and a fast swimmer. I quickly came back up, coughing out the way that got into my mouth from the sudden impact. Hargrove tried to help me up but I refused. I just became mad that he was the reason I fell in, whether it be his fault or not. The feelings I have towards him always ended in madness. He was trying to get in my pants anyways, like he does with every girl. I was just playing with him, nothing was going to happen, no matter how fun I had with him in the time being. I tried to hurry and pull myself out of the water. I wasn't about to use the ladder, not when my foot was stinging. I made my way out and onto the side of the pool, laying my legs out gently. I winced at the pain my foot was in. Hargrove was still close. I noticed the side of my foot has a gash in it, the tile must've sliced it open. Blood was surrounding the side. I took deep breathes. Blood wasn't the issue, it was the pain, that and it was just submerged in chlorine, burrnnn.
"Damn Del, let me help you." Hargrove said as he leaned down to try and help me up.
"No please don't." I said, annoyed, placing my palm in front of him. I really didn't want him to see me in pain or pitty me for it either.
"I'll get the first aid kit billy!" Karen yelled out. Of course she'd be the first to jump, hoping he would notice her. I leaned my head on the pole from the ladder and closed my eyes. I do not handle pain well, whether it be a paper cut or a glass cut. Hargrove backed off as Heather and Karen came back. I'm glad too, he saw my emotions towards him and took note of it. The girls helped clean and cover my wound. I was fine to walk, it wasn't so bad. So I decided to call it a day and leave. No plan is ever supposed to run smoothly, is it?

・゜゜・