scared

・゜゜・
Del
.・゜゜・

"So William... I'm just kidding hargrove... Billy, I think we should play 20 questions." I bring up to Billy as we eat lunch, yet again at burger King on our lunch break. (Obviously joking about his nicknames) Our schedules were almost always the same which made me super happy.
"Alright, you go." He responds.
"What's your favorite band?" I ask him.
"Metallic, easy." He answers and I nod. Makes since.
"What's your favorite song?" He asks me.
"Ugh, to many to pick from!" I retort back and laugh. Indecisiveness at its best.
"Okay, okay no problem." He replies.
"When's the last time you were with someone?" I ask him. I almost wish I didn't but oh I was curious to the max.
"I haven't since school. In any way if thats what you mean." He responds. I nod.
"Why not, I mean you get chicks throwing themselves at your feet all the time." I ask him. I catch a group of girls staring at him and rolls my eyes. He knows.
"Hey lady, it was my turn to ask you something." He says and I laugh.
"Sorry, sorry." I defend myself.
"I'm kidding. I don't know, it just seemed pointless. I did it for fun. Now I'm an adult I want to give a fuck about someone some day." He answered me. Maybe it's the way he said it but my heart melted. I nodded and smiled.
"I get that. Your turn." I replied quickly. Noted Billy. He hesitates before he asks me one.
"Do you have any tattoos?" He asks and I pause. Should I be honest? His eyes were seeping into mine.
"I do. I have cherry on my lower back, with hearts as leaves." He chimes in before I could.
"What the fuck!?" I ask with a laugh. He just described my one and only tattoo.
"How did you know!?" I ask him as I slap his arm. He chuckles in the most deep sexy man way. Get ahead of yourself del oh my god, chill.
"I saw it when I went up to you, the first day you came to the pool." He answered me.
"Oh, I must've bent over or something. When you were messing with me" I giggled back.
"Right." Billy said, he did not look serious.
"What?" I ask.
"Nothing." He responds and it clicks.
"You weren't messing with me were you. You saw my tattoo, bathing suit and cut hair and didn't recognize me, did you?" I pry and ask him. Genuinely curious. I can't believe I just figured this out. He hesitates which gives me my answer.
"No, I... Fine, okay I didn't know it was you." He finally let out. I stared at him with an open smile. Then and there, I thought about risking it all. Talking one for the team. But over thinking stopped me so I decided not to.
"So you think I'm hot." I joked even though it's true. He shook his head as he giggled. Wow, we're attracted to each other? This is scaring me. I've been having such a good time but I feel like running away too. I don't know what to do. I got quiet, he'll notice.
"Hey, I'm going to throw this out and use the restroom. I'll see you back there later okay." I said as I ran off. I hate this part of me. I'm just scared.

・゜゜・

When I returned the rented movies back Steve invited me to a party. I gladly accepted. I honestly almost forgot about it, I'm surprised they didn't bring it up when Billy and I came in a few days ago. Maybe it's a good thing so I can stay away from him and enjoy myself. I know pushing away from Billy maybe isn't the best way to go but I don't know what to do. Sometimes I don't think it's been so noticable except for not answering calls. But I just lie or cover myself some how. Maybe he won't suspect anything.

I got ready for tonight, feeling so eager. I asked my maid to drop me off since I wanted to really party. I'm glad she did that for me. I wore my sexy tight red dress, heals and hoops. I looked great, not too fancy but perfect. I found Steve and talked with him for a while. We drank and danced too. I found some old friends from school. I felt sad seeing them all together. Remembering how they dissed me after we graduated. I made sure to exit that area and find somewhere else to party. Some people were playing beer pong so I decided to join in. I ended up on the winning team! It felt so good to do something fun again.

I went back inside afterward. I caught eyes with no one other than Billy himself. It scared me once again. I felt the same rattle like I did when I began to crush on him. He's deep dark eyes peered into my own. He's body glistened with sweat. His open shirt and leather jacket lingered on his exposed chest. I gulped and rushed outside, near the pool. There were two couples making out and others smoking. I just kept to myself and finished my drink. Hoping to God Billy wouldn't...
"Delphine." Billy's low voice spoke. Ugh, was it music to my ears, the way he said my name.
"Billy." I softly said and faced him. He was very close to me.
"Why are you running from me?" He asked me.
"Why have you been avoiding me and not answering me?" He questioned over and over again. I just stared at him. I felt low and shamefull.
"I mean we just become like great friends. We have good times, I open up to you and you actually care about me. And then you disappear. I mean sure I see you at work but you are distant, I see it and I feel it. Why? Seriously because I'm confused. We are pretty much like best friends. You pop up into my life, wow me and then make me happy and I don't know you just leave. Do you regret this because I fucking don't. I'm not sure if I'm reading into this wrong but to me, you want this too. Maybe somewhere deep down you feel the same as me. Delphine I need you, I want to... " Billy just kept going on and on until I couldn't take it anymore. I suddenly do what I've been dreaming of, literally. I smash my lips onto his.

・゜゜・