relief

.・゜゜・
Del
.・゜゜・

Vulnerability was one of the biggest downfalls of a young women. And that's all I felt now. Having to go to work the next day, like nothing happened. But luckily Billy new, and he was here with me. I felt safer when I noticed Billy watching me. He wasn't staring or being weird, he was being protective. That just made him more attractive.

.・゜゜・
Billy
.・゜゜・

My eyes rarely left Del's placement. I never wanted to leave my station that was close to here's. It gave me the best view to watch over her. I had the very protective feeling towards her after the whole Thomas issue. I knew from the moment I saw the way he gazed at her that something bad would happen. I just hoped otherwise. I'm glad I was there for her and caught him in the act. Even if she told me, I'd believe her but I'm afraid if I didn't catch him, she wouldn't have told me. Only out of fear, which I completely understand. I felt bad for her, some men are creeps. Even if a girl doesn't want you, you shouldn't push her to the point of not listening. At least I can take a hint.

I observed the store contently. I warned him, and I was gonna keep that to him. Del didn't want anyone to know what happened. I understand why. She doesn't want a change of atmosphere and opinions lurking.

Del gave me a smirk ever time she noticed my eyes watching around. I tried to keep my protective stern appearance up but she'd make me break into a smirk as well. Her sweet eyes and nice grin was so beautiful. But I knew she was scared to, maybe mostly worried.

We both started to leave, as our shift was coming to an end. My hand was close to Del's back. I needed her to feel safe with me because I will do anything for her. My eyes peered everywhere, taking in the people and our scenery. Before we could walk out of the store fully, Jeff our manager stopped us. I knew we were both worried.
"You too must know that Thomas quit. He just up and left and I don't know why. So I'm looking for another manager. Just letting y'all know, have a good night." Jeff said and finally huffed away. He was definitely annoyed. As soon as he left our sight Del submerged herself into my embrace. I didn't expect it. I hesitated before I hugged her back.
"Oh thank god." She exhaled. That relief both waved through us. We were paranoid all day for nothing.
"Thanks for looking out for me." Del spoke up, latching eyes with me as her warmth left me.
"Never gonna stop Dee." I responded as we headed out together.

.・゜゜・