Chapter 15: Icy Uprising: Snowheart's Realization

Deep in thought, Snowstorm made his way through the palace halls while his claws clicked against the icy floor. Even with the Royal family out of the way, albeit closing in on the palace, he still had the problem of Narwhel and Tundra, knowing they would not stand for this revolt.

Letting out a groan of displeasure, he heard claw clicks behind him, the huffs of a dragoness echoed in his ears when Snowflake came to a stop beside the old male Icewing, looking at him as she steadied her breathing.

"Sir, the rebel forces are outnumbered by the palace guards, though we have managed to take a few of the small villages dotted out in the empty outskirts of the kingdom"

Shifting upon her claws, Snowflake, who was Snowstorm's second in command, waited for a response from him. She watched him make his way up to one of the many enchanted walls, which resembled the outside, with snowflakes that fell from the sky. He let out a sigh, dragging his left forepaw down the icy wall, the screech of his claws racking down the wall made her wince before Snowstorm turned to face her.

"Very good, the more we can enclose our enemy, the less of a chance they have to call for backup from their pro-royal villages. Snowflake, tell our generals that they are to capture the southern town of Icestone. Once we seize it, then we can spear our way towards the Palace... This would have been easier if most of our rebel forces weren't located in the villages far from the capital"

He growled, tail lashing about while Snowflake listened to him. She then quickly nodded, turning on the spot before darting in the direction she had come from.

"You know, you shouldn't do this Snowstorm, you know what will happen" Snowstorm looked behind him to see Narwhel looking at him with an upset look.

"And why should I not go ahead with this? You can't stop us, if me and my forces have to slaughter you and your useless family, then we will" Snowstorm growled with a wide grin while he turned on the spot, his tail smacking Narwhel in the snout before he went on his way down the corridor, leaving a stunned and worried Prince alone.

Upon exiting the palace, he watched as his undercover rebels all gave a subtle nod at him, he had strictly told them to not engage any of the Icewing guards or army yet, for he knew that it wasn't the right time yet.

Making his way towards three Icewings, two of which were on his side, he put on his friendly mask to cover his true intentions, not wanting to alert anyone to the growing rebel.

"The army has taken quite a beating from the last Skywing atta- Oh, Hello Snowstorm, aren't you meant to be at the current meeting with Tundra, who is covering the Queen?" Icespear questioned, tilting his head while the other two Icewings quickly glanced at each other before they looked at Snowstorm, who spoke up.

"No, I am not needed, though perhaps we should speak somewhere more... private about matters such as these?" He gestured towards a long dark alleyway, looking towards his two rebel allies who both grinned, with Icespear not noticing as he gave a hesitant nod.

"Alright, It sounds rather classified if you need to speak in private" The four Icewings made their way into the wide yet cornered-off Alleyway, Icespear turned around, with Snowstorm's two Icewing rebels making their way around the Icewing recruit who began speaking once more.

"Have you seen the way some of the Icewings have been acting lately? The way they looked at each other and nodded at each other... It's like they are communicating?... But I digress" He shook his head, his tail flicking about gently as Snowstorm spoke up again.