Flying Flags: Designs, Dreams, and Diplomacy

Glacier looked around at the snowy field of winter flowers, watching as a gentle breeze blew through them, making them sway while she stood in the middle. The sun was high in the sky, well, as high as it could this far north.

Reaching down with a forepaw, she gently plucked one of the flowers, lifting it to her snout before breathing in the smell that drifted from it, smelling the faint smell of mint while she moved around the field, her large wings tucked against her sides.

She knew she was dreaming, for she had only fallen asleep an hour ago, and the Ice Kingdom didn't have a field like this, though that didn't stop her from thinking of plans to make special fields with rows of the rare Winter flowers.

"You've always been fascinated with them" Came a masculine voice, one she thought she would never hear ever again. Turning around quickly, she locked her gaze onto the shrouded being who continued on its way out from the mist that encircled the field, never spilling into the field. as more of this unknown being came into view, she noticed that it was a dragon, but not only that, it was an Icewing as she focused while more of his features came into view while he started on his way across the field toward where Glacier stood.

"Hello Mother," the Icewing spoke, coming to a stop before bowing towards her, standing back up after a few seconds, watching tears form at the edge of her eyes before cascading down her face, dripping down onto the snowy ground when she finally realised who this mysterious figure was.

"B-but, h-h-how" "I am using a dream visitor that Queen Glory loaned to me for tonight to contact you about a situation... But to also tell you that I am alright" Snowheart cut her off, explaining to her before he threw his wings around his Mother's slimmer frame, pulling her into a loving hug, to which she strongly returned, letting the tears roll down her face freely now.

Both Mother and Son shared this special moment, just holding each other while Snowheart ran a forepaw in circles across her back, letting her feel him once more before she pulled away gently.

"Y-you said you n-needed to discuss something?" Glacier managed to speak, albeit through tears of joy that her baby boy was alright. Snowheart gave a nod, sitting on his haunches to which he noticed he was at least two heads taller than his mother now.

"Glory not only became the Queen of the Rainwings, But she sent me, along with her General and a portion of her Rainwing army through the Nightwing tunnel and save what remained of their tribe... It was terrible Mother, to hear their screams of pain while lava spilt out all across the island" He mumbled, closing his eyes before Glacier snuggled up against her son, listening to him intently.

"I know the Icewings aren't keen to help the Nightwings. But we need to put this hatred behind us, for both our tribes are not the same as two thousand years ago" Snowheart said while Glacier sunk into a thoughtful gaze, looking at some of the flowers that danced around in the gentle breeze, feeling her son drape a wing over her.

"I think you are right son. We also found out that the crown I wore was enchanted to fill the wearer with pure unstoppable rage against the Nightwings" She let out a tired sigh, laying her head on her forepaws before she asked. "So what is this other thing you needed to talk to me about?"

Snowheart glanced at his mother, his bright blue eyes roaming over her facial features before he spoke. "Scarlet's forces, along with Burn's forces are massing at the northern border of the Rain/Nightwing Kingdom. Queen Coral has suggested a new alliance, one that will ultimately prevent any future wars from going on. I, along with Queen Glory, her newly formed Royal Council and Queen Coral, have discussed what to call it, which we all landed on the United Kingdoms of Pyrrhia. They also somehow persuaded me to become the leader of this new Alliance, since both Glory and Coral have said that they would be too busy ruling their Kingdoms and that I have all the natural qualities of a leader" He then turned his head, looking at his mother before he continued.