Echoes of Renewal: Icesheet's Confrontation with the Stars

It was in the very early hours of the morning when Queen Glory let out a groan of displeasure from laying in one position for so long, she rolled over only to find, that the spot where Deathbringer would normally be sleeping on, was empty. This caused the Rainwing Queen to startle awake, her eyes snapping open as her head was suddenly sent into a spin of mixed emotions, the two most prominent ones being confusion and concern. She scanned the room until her eyes locked onto the form of Deathbringer, who was sitting at her desk while he wrote down on a piece of scroll.

"Deathy? Are you okay?" She questioned, slipping out of bed before she made her way over to him, placing her forepaws on his shoulders while she stood behind him, her head resting on his right shoulder while she watched him shuffle through the pages of scrolls after he had finished writing.

"I'm just worried about Prince Snowheart, It's been 48 hours, and he hasn't shown any sign of waking up" Deathbringer expressed his concern for the Icewing Prince, a concerned expression washing over his face while the soft candlelight reflected off his dark scales.

He then turned to face Queen Glory. His usually sharp eyes were softened with worry, mirroring the anxiety etched across Queen Glory's features.

Glory gently placed a forepaw upon his cheek, letting him press his head into her grip while he closed his eyes. "I know, but we have done all we can. Besides, waking him up during his recovery stage would not be the best idea" She spoke softly to the larger Nightwing, watching as he got up.

Suddenly, one of the newly recruited Nightwing guards came rushing into the Royal bedroom, panting before she said.

"Your Majesty, Prince Snowheart has recently woken up! Though we have told him not to move about due to worry of him injuring himself more!" The dark purple dragoness then went rushing out of the room, passing through the curtain of dangling green strands of leaves while Glory and Deathbringer looked at each other, a smile forming on their snouts before they sprinted after the Nightwing guard to check on Snowheart.

Icesheet looked up while she watched the aurora borealis dance her colours across the still dark morning sky, watching as curtains of greens, purples, reds and blues wave about, even at times mixing together. She had been brought up by her parents, who told her that whenever the aurora borealis becomes bright, it is a sign that the Great Ice Dragon Herself is watching over you and potentially listening.

"Aurora... Great Ice Dragon, Please, Tell me if Snowheart is still alive and well" She asked the north star while her expression twisted into one of pain, suffering, loneliness and grief. She waited for what seemed like years, yet the North star refused to speak to her, refused to express her sorrow or happiness, to tell her that her Snowy was okay, or had passed away and joined the Icewings who prowled across the stars.

However, just as she flicked her eyes down, she caught a glimpse of the North Star brightening, causing her to snap her eyes back onto the bright shining star, watching as it became brighter until she heard it speak.

Icesheet of the Icewings- Icesheet couldn't believe what she heard, for the first time in her life, the North Star spoke to her, having answered her pleas of grief, the aurora borealis suddenly became brighter when the North Star continued.

Snowheart lives, but he has long to go until you two can rejoin. Do not give up hope, for his love for you has only grown. Icesheet heard the Great Ice Dragon's voice, listening carefully to what the Icewing's Spirit had to say.