Border Vigilance: Snowheart's Watch Over Sand and Rain

Icesheet lay in her bed, curled around her three eggs, snoring softly, her tail wrapped protectively around the triplets as their mother slept off the exhaustion of laying each egg, a process that had taken at least twenty minutes each.

Peppermint made her way into Icesheet's and Snowheart's room, her talons clicking on the icy floor while carrying a tray which had two plates filled with all kinds of meat.

"Princess? Can you wake up for me" Peppermint called softly, watching Icesheet stir slightly only to then fall back into slumber. Peppermint knew Icesheet had to eat something, and so, after placing the tray down, she shook Icesheet gently, watching as the Icewing female fluttered her eyes open.

"Is it morning already" She yawned, raising her head before she shook it, throwing the rest of her sleepiness from her.

"No, Your Highness, it's late evening, and her Majesty, The Queen, has requested that you at least eat something" Peppermint whispered to Icesheet, grabbing the Princesses plate before she passed it to the groggy Icewing.

Icesheet let out another yawn before staring down at the plate in front of her. She noticed Narwhal meat, Fox meat, goat, shark, tuna and some other meats that she didn't quite recognize.

"Oh, yes, that is a small fish called... Cod I think. I got that from Winter since he has been allowed by his parents to research on Scavenger behaviour" Peppermint explained to Icesheet, watching the expressions on the older female's face change.

"How's the Princess doing" Came a voice that both Peppermint and Icesheet were familiar with. as they looked towards the entrance to Icesheet's room, Arcticstorm came in, followed by Icewave who looked rather tired as she followed her husband.

"Arctic, Icewave!" Icesheet said happily, her eyes lighting up while Icewave made her way over to the bed. Arctic looked at the three eggs which were encircled by Icesheet's tail.

One was mostly white with light blue lines running over it, the other was more of a dark blue with black lines running over it, which confused Arctic. But then he looked at the third one, seeing that the egg was a very light white-blue, covered by what appeared to be small fuzzy spots of darker blue, with some of the fuzzy spots having a purple hue to them.

"What an interesting clutch of eggs" He mumbled softly while he heard Icewave and Icesheet talking to each other, glancing towards them as he watched Icesheet slip a slice of Cod into her mouth before she continued talking to Icewave. Of course, after she had swallowed the piece of fish.

"These three eggs look stunning. I have never seen any Icewing egg look like any of these before" Arcticstorm spoke before he moved to stand beside Icewave.

"That may be true, but I love the way they look, and I'm sure Snowheart will as well," Icesheet said, though she quickly became worried, which caught Icewave's attention.

"Hey, listen, He'll be fine, and besides, even if he doesn't make it back before the eggs hatch, I'm sure your dragonets will know that Snowheart is they daddy" Icewave said softly to Icesheet, keeping her gaze on her's before Icesheet hugged her, pulling the smaller Icewing dragoness into the hug.

"thank you, both of you" Icesheet looked at Arctic, seeing the smile on his snout before he waved a forepaw at her. "It's nothing kid, just looking out for you both. I mean, Prince Snowheart is the closest I have had to a son so far" He shrugged before he joined in on the hug, being mindful of the eggs.