Moonlit Confessions: A Dream Visitor's Tale

Icesheet sat on one of the royal balconies, looking out across the beautiful tundra that had the shade of a thousand blues, watching as ripples of wind blew across its shiny surface. She took a deep breath, allowing the cold arctic air to fill her lungs, when she suddenly heard the distinct sound of talon steps.

Craning her neck, she looked behind her to notice Prince Narwhal making his way up to her. He gave a bow of his head toward her, showing his respect.

"May I sit with you?" He asked, his voice gruff yet wise, his facial features appearing far less strained, giving way to a far more happy and gentle-looking Icewing.

"Of course Prince Narwhal, I am no Queen" "Yet" Narwhal responded quickly, taking a seat beside her as he sat on his haunches, stretching his wings out before clamping them close to his body before he let out a sigh, which caught the attention of Icesheet, giving the larger male Icewing a side glance.

"Princess Icesheet... If I may ask, What is Snowheart truly like? I mean when you two were together?" She turned to fully face him, being a head smaller than him as she looked up at him slightly. She studied his facial expressions, her eyes locking onto his as she watched confusion, hope, remorse, regret and anger all mix together within those arctic blue orbs.

"He may seem like someone you don't want to mess with" "Indeed" Narwhal interrupted mid-sentence, chuckling before Icesheet continued.

"But he will always aim to be there for whoever needs him and defend whoever needs defending. Right now, I know he is defending the Rainwings and Seawings, for Queen Glacier, Your Sister, has told me... Us" She corrected herself before looking out towards the tundra once more.

"If I am truthful, I was a horrible uncle towards Snowheart and Crystal. I always snorted at them, and swung my tail slightly at them whenever one of them or both went past me" He let out a sigh, an upset emotion rippling over his face before he continued.

"When I next meet Snowheart, I want to personally apologise to him, and show my loyalty to him" Narwhal looked up to meet Icesheet's gaze. yet instead of seeing an overly aggressive female, he saw someone who was understanding, caring, and most importantly, having the ability to forgive him for all he did.

"I understand that Prince Narwhal, though you acted like that because you still believed in the old system. I may have seen the error of your way, but proving this to Snowheart is going to be... Difficult, to say the least"

Icesheet spoke, ruffling her wings while a slightly stronger gust of wind blew past them, making the spikes on their backs rattle slightly. Icesheet went back to staring off into the distance when she heard another voice.

"Snowheart must be extremely proud to be your mate. I mean you two already have three eggs on the way" Tundra came through the doorway that led to the large balcony before she sat on her haunches beside her husband, kissing him on the cheek lightly before she focused back on Icesheet, watching her rub her stomach, which was slightly larger than the last time she was checked for eggs.

an hour ago, Princess Icesheet had been checked once more to see if her egg was healthy, yet when they did the check, they found that she had triplets, which had not been seen in thousands of years.

She felt ecstatic at the news, yet hadn't told anyone besides the royal family. Not even the royal council knew yet.

"Yeah, I just hope it won't be that much of a shock for Snowy" Icesheet used the nickname she had given her lover again, earning her a chuckle from Tundra and a snort-laugh from Narwhal before Tundra replied.